Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi mate, yep it’s good. Zarrix seldom seen in these parts nowadays....

Howdy, I've been getting into a lot of Asian and Nth African metal of late. Lovebites, Humiliation and Expendiency from Asia, Crescent, Hecate and Scarab from Nth Africa. Discovered a shitload of metal this year. What's been discovered in this thread that's new?

Howdy, I've been getting into a lot of Asian and Nth African metal of late. Lovebites, Humiliation and Expendiency from Asia, Crescent, Hecate and Scarab from Nth Africa. Discovered a shitload of metal this year. What's been discovered in this thread that's new?

Jinger.

I like the new one's from Paysage d'Hiver, Panzerfaust, Kawir and Selbst.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was your verdict? I saw the nb video & thought it sounded alot different to what I expected

Fair bit different to what I expected. Pretty mellow with a lot of nice soloing - first Heathen album I won't buy unless I find it cheap, but will listen on Spotify when I am searching for something that isn't intense. Who knows, could be a grower. New Agent Steel not far off - be interesting to see how that is. Got a 10am meeting - once it is over will listen to the first two Heathen albums. Classic music.

Perfect BM imo.
Probably their last great "serious" album until Artic Thunder came out.

Commentary on the re-release is interesting. Fenriz is always entertaining but Nocturno, not so much. Too many umms its almost painful to hear him get a sentence out.

Fair bit different to what I expected. Pretty mellow with a lot of nice soloing - first Heathen album I won't buy unless I find it cheap, but will listen on Spotify when I am searching for something that isn't intense. Who knows, could be a grower. New Agent Steel not far off - be interesting to see how that is. Got a 10am meeting - once it is over will listen to the first two Heathen albums. Classic music.
I have BTS, there's still plenty copies of it floating about.. VOD I've never seen cheap, over $100 for the CD etc

I have BTS, there's still plenty copies of it floating about.. VOD I've never seen cheap, over $100 for the CD etc

I have a Roadrunner pressing of VOD. Will check it out later as I think only Japan got the Roadrunner pressing (Roadracer everywhere else). I got in 2013 - assume I bought it over there. Will check later.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back