Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

BTW, I saw Womb to Tomb last weekend. Killer band! I think they'll work their way into my list of favourite Melbourne bands.

I don't like the vocals on this EP as much as the live show (reminded me of Tomas from At the Gates).

Set the alarm for 3am as some new vinyl represses of, inter alia, Asphyx, Grave and Bloodbath albums went on sale (ridiculously low pressing numbers). Got what I wanted but some were sold out within five minutes. Feels like I am buying vinyl from Goatowarex.

Set the alarm for 3am as some new vinyl represses of, inter alia, Asphyx, Grave and Bloodbath albums went on sale (ridiculously low pressing numbers). Got what I wanted but some were sold out within five minutes. Feels like I am buying vinyl from Goatowarex.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at how much s**t Goatowarex gets. The demand is there, yet he doesn't increase the limitations....

I'd be interested in a Grave LP depending on the album...

IIRC vinyls started to wane in the late 80s/early 90s, CDs were available in the 80s. Don't quote me on that.

I was told cassettes were mastered differently from CDs given the different format so sound differently to CDs.
I remember when CDs began to take over, my Dad bought a player in the 80s & switched to the format back then. He would frequently play Phil Collins No Jacket Required to demonstrate the clarity & leap in technology that he'd made. IIRC the first CDs were released around '82 but didn't really start selling in volume till a few years later..

I remember when CDs began to take over, my Dad bought a player in the 80s & switched to the format back then. He would frequently play Phil Collins No Jacket Required to demonstrate the clarity & leap in technology that he'd made. IIRC the first CDs were released around '82 but didn't really start selling in volume till a few years later..

For reasons which remain a mystery to this very day, the first CD I bought was Scorpions ‘Savage Amusement’. Got from Brashes Doncaster. I remember thinking it (a $20 CD) was way too expensive and that it’d never last. A passing fad. The next CD I bought I reckon was Sacred Reich’s ‘The American Way’. The reason behind that purchase is no mystery - walked into Pipe Imported and Janecka wouldn’t let me leave without it. That’s a 1990 release. So I’m gonna say late 80s-early 90s when CDs were full swing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For reasons which remain a mystery to this very day, the first CD I bought was Scorpions ‘Savage Amusement’. Got from Brashes Doncaster. I remember thinking it (a $20 CD) was way too expensive and that it’d never last. A passing fad. The next CD I bought I reckon was Sacred Reich’s ‘The American Way’. The reason behind that purchase is no mystery - walked into Pipe Imported and Janecka wouldn’t let me leave without it. That’s a 1990 release. So I’m gonna say late 80s-early 90s when CDs were full swing?
Dad had all the early released CD's, Dire Straits Money for Nothing, etc, which I pinched, I'm looking at right now in the shed.. He's always been ahead of the curve when it comes to technology, a lot more so than his neanderthal son.

The first album on CD I bought was the black album

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at how much sh*t Goatowarex gets. The demand is there, yet he doesn't increase the limitations....

I'd be interested in a Grave LP depending on the album...

You’ll Never See. Classic though only ever had it on cd. Into The Grave much easier to find on vinyl.

Might be time for more Janecka stories. I have heaps. Oktoberfest circa 95 was a ripper - ‘never trust the fellow’. Later that day he got glassed for slapping some bird’s arse.

Might be time for more Janecka stories. I have heaps. Oktoberfest circa 95 was a ripper - ‘never trust the fellow’. Later that day he got glassed for slapping some bird’s arse.

Fellow is the site's replacement word for the N from NWA.

Was this a commonly held belief at the time? I remember hearing that the format took some time to improve and that some early pressings didn't sound that great. Probably not having the surface noise of a record was a big bonus though.

Was this a commonly held belief at the time? I remember hearing that the format took some time to improve and that some early pressings didn't sound that great. Probably not having the surface noise of a record was a big bonus though.
Hazard a guess, yes.. All I know is the clarity on In The Air Tonight was outstanding

Remove this Banner Ad

Back