Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Found a cheap copy of the Violent Force album & ordered it, seein' as it isn't even on Spotify aswell..

Breaking in the new record player?

Yep. Read it could be 20 to 40 hours to break in the stylus.

Everything coming out about Manson lately is honestly being met with a slight raising of the eyebrows and a, "is any of this really that surprising?"

Although he did fire a band member over similar, but hypocrisy is hardly surprising here, either.

I always thought he was good value. Looks like he fooled a lot of people that he was a highly intelligent guy playing a very deliberate role.

Looks like he lost his grip on fantasy v reality. What a complete & utter freak. In a whole lot of trouble I’d say.

As you say - how is any of this surprising?

Don’t like them at all since they changed their style after the debut, but I did listen to a couple of tracks (Funeral Pyre?) and I kinda quite enjoyed it. I think all that Idle Hands gloomy goodness has gotten to me.
Nice one! Have to say I've enjoyed all their albums. Can't get enough at the moment. My fav off the new one is 'In Remembrance'

Last edited:
D666 - Cold Steel

Sums up the mood.

10 people funerals and 21 a side AFLW games. Can’t make this up. Reckon any AFL club which pulled training and its AFLW side for a week would benefit from the goodwill.

10 people funerals and 21 a side AFLW games. Can’t make this up. Reckon any AFL club which pulled training and its AFLW side for a week would benefit from the goodwill.

I'm not frustrated that cases happened because they always will, but it was that we were promised it wouldn't be because of a failure in the program again. You could see this happening a week ago as a slow motion car crash. Then instead of owning it there was just deflection and spin. I'm sick of being treated like a mug. To say Australia should review it's international intake after taking in over a thousand tennis players and teams then calling them essential workers was just peak smugness. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the AO having large Chinese financial backing of course.

Anyway, I don't really want to talk about politics. I'm just both really bummed and angry and needed to vent. I'm sure he'll get his comeuppance. Career public servants like him may think the proletariat are stupid, but push far enough and they'll push back.

I'm not frustrated that cases happened because they always will, but it was that we were promised it wouldn't be because of a failure in the program again. You could see this happening a week ago as a slow motion car crash. Then instead of owning it there was just deflection and spin. I'm sick of being treated like a mug. To say Australia should review it's international intake after taking in over a thousand tennis players and teams then calling them essential workers was just peak smugness. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the AO having large Chinese financial backing of course.

Anyway, I don't really want to talk about politics. I'm just both really bummed and angry and needed to vent. I'm sure he'll get his comeuppance. Career public servants like him may think the proletariat are stupid, but push far enough and they'll push back.
It's total BS. I know guys who run venues and they've been shafted for 12 months only for this to happen. Bureaucrats have no idea the impact to the arts on these shut down policies. Oh and jobseeker/jobkeeper about to be cancelled, good luck if you're a casual industry worker... youze all fcuked.

IG is a frustrating band. They have some really good songs and some really crap ones. Can't listen to a full album.
They released a new EP with Trujillo back on bass & Jim Martin on guitar last year.. looks like someone finally uploaded it on yt the other day, giving it a spin now

Infectious Grooves EP [2020].jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

22ff137825fae70e9f3ea3ecd2017239.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back