Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Heard it all. Don't like happy pants fun thrash.

Even though I disagree with you, I get your point. But that's why I like Belladonna era, it's silly and different, with songs about Judge Dredd and Steven King novels; most of the stuff we talk about here is so serious it's nice to have a change every now and again. I do like Bush era too, they broadened their sound and dealt with more mature, social issues.

Finished the week of with The End Complete, an amazing slab of DM, those early Obituary albums are all classics.

Pacman82 I signed up to Shudder today, $70 annual fee for a ton of horror movies across many styles. I'll let you know if there's anything that might interest you.

SydneyBomber

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon

The perfect 1-2 punch of Swedish dm. Ever.

There may be other better songs by Swedish bands, but these two together are unbeatable.

Seriously, 'chaos breed' (entombed), 'blinded by fear (atg) or 'beyond the creation of time' (unleashed) may all have claims to greatest Swedish dm of all time imo, but still don't beat the 1-2 on indecent and obscene.
I liked the first dismember album, but the 2nd is just amazing.
That ******* drum sound is perfect

SydneyBomber

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
Even though I disagree with you, I get your point. But that's why I like Belladonna era, it's silly and different, with songs about Judge Dredd and Steven King novels; most of the stuff we talk about here is so serious it's nice to have a change every now and again. I do like Bush era too, they broadened their sound and dealt with more mature, social issues.

Finished the week of with The End Complete, an amazing slab of DM, those early Obituary albums are all classics.

Pacman82 I signed up to Shudder today, $70 annual fee for a ton of horror movies across many styles. I'll let you know if there's anything that might interest you.
End complete rips, 'Back to one' is godly

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Seriously, 'chaos breed' (entombed), 'blinded by fear (atg) or 'beyond the creation of time' (unleashed) may all have claims to greatest Swedish dm of all time imo, but still don't beat the 1-2 on indecent and obscene.
I liked the first dismember album, but the 2nd is just amazing.
That ******* drum sound is perfect
I may start a religious war but IMO Swedish death metal is better than Floridian death metal. :)

I'm a big fan of Womb to Tomb,metal band from Frankston featuring Rizzo (Blood Duster, Abramelin, King Parrot) on drums. I think their live sound is better but the demo is ok. Some cool infusion of Swedish death metal with other elements thrown in, love the solos.

Man i havent listened to end conplete or world demise in prob 15 years
Was cause of death an earlier one?

I had a digipak of world dwmise at one stage from memory...whiteish grey cover?
Its been a while

Cause of Death their second (Slowly We Rot the debut), then The End Complete, then World Demise.

It's a good page that one, I've only listened to a fraction of the albums on there, mostly good what I've heard, no shortage of content..
I like it as ive been out of the loop for quite some time in metal and dont know 80% of the newer last decade stuff u guys talk about
Every now and then i find some weird band from somewhere in the world thats not even on a big label and get quite surprised
Put it this way
Last time i plugged an instrument in it didnt go into a small box into a laptop
It went into an ampeg rig

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I like it as ive been out of the loop for quite some time in metal and dont know 80% of the newer last decade stuff u guys talk about
Every now and then i find some weird band from somewhere in the world thats not even on a big label and get quite surprised
It's kind of like going back to tape trading days to find the really good stuff.

This thread is essentially like tape trading. There's some bands like Lik and Mgla I'd never heard about who are really good. I like to throw in obscure stuff that I dig because it's hard to discover new bands that have great music.

I know the Melbourne scene pretty well, but beyond that it's difficult to discover bands without recommendations.

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
It's kind of like going back to tape trading days to find the really good stuff.

This thread is essentially like tape trading. There's some bands like Lik and Mgla I'd never heard about who are really good. I like to throw in obscure stuff that I dig because it's hard to discover new bands that have great music.

I know the Melbourne scene pretty well, but beyond that it's difficult to discover bands without recommendations.

Yeah - got most decent subgenres covered in here.

Full Moon Features is another good horror & cult movie streaming option.

I checked out their site. Those movies look utterly terrible, which means they're right up my alley. I'm honestly considering subbing to it now, when I can free up some time.

Back