Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Album is a grower though hard to pass judgement a week after release. Enjoying it.
Agree 100%. Messaged a mate only this morning saying I'm liking it more with every listen.

Days Of Future Past is made for the stage. Hoping I get to see it one day.

I am really liking the album. Was listening through a DAC and good pair of headphones yesterday and I was staggered how good it sounded, the album comes alive. Its not Powerslave but its not supposed to be. Bravo Maiden I say!

Edit: Take for example, the 7.44 mark onwards of the final track where you can hear the rawness and emotion in Bruce's unedited vocal's. My album highlight right there.

Last edited:

Europe is pretty hopeless. Most bands except their fans to be their Facebook friend nowadays...

Still have a megatons of tickets from gigs that got cancelled by corona, but hardly know which ones are really cancelled or which are rescheduled.
Bands can be hit and miss posting events on Facebook, plus as you said it's not always clear when events are cancelled/rescheduled.

2478f48bf7c6daa75436d31243230dbf.jpg

Giving some thoughts to one of these.

Bare in mind that's just a head, so $250 for that + $170 for the speaker..

I reckon you want a Combo Amp, just get a Marshall MG15 for $150, spend any left over cash on Boss fx pedels, fx board etc.. You been playing for long or?

Bare in mind that's just a head, so $250 for that + $170 for the speaker..

I reckon you want a Combo Amp, just get a Marshall MG15 for $150, spend any left over cash on Boss fx pedels, fx board etc.. You been playing for long or?

Hey bud, yeah I've gone off the idea of the Orange. Definitely after a combo amp now.
Have done some testing out at the local gear shop and have narrowed my choices down to the Boss Katana 50w or the Blackstar IDcore 20. I couldn't believe how good they both sounded, its been many years since I paid attention to practice amps.

My main rig is a Randall rg300 G3 but I've got 2 young kids now so need something I can play at low levels and headphones.

Been playing since I was a kid (34 now) but never 100% committed all the time. I get by playing the stuff I like to play.

Last edited:
Hey bud, yeah I've gone off the idea of the Orange. Definitely after a combo amp now.
Have done some testing out at the local gear shop and have narrowed my choices down to the Boss Katana 50w or the Blackstar IDcore 20. I couldn't believe how good they both sounded, its been many years since I paid attention to practice amps.
Been playing since I was a kid (34 now) but never 100% committed all the time. I get by playing the stuff I like to play.
Same here, I only very recently noticed the Boss Katana line & the Blackstar brand (made by ex-Marshall employees apparently).

I checked out the new WITTR. Never really been a fan to be honest and woe that is an awful album cover. Sounds ok though.

I still haven't come around to more traditional black metal. Atmospheric stuff ala WITTR and some Panopticon albums is pretty much my bag when it comes to BM.

Get the distinct impression this thread is mostly DM or thrash oriented?

I still haven't come around to more traditional black metal. Atmospheric stuff ala WITTR and some Panopticon albums is pretty much my bag when it comes to BM.

Get the distinct impression this thread is mostly DM or thrash oriented?

Actually I’d say there’s just about everything in here. There’s definitely people who favour certain genres and are very well versed in those particular areas - but there’s no elitist mentality. We pretty much all bounce ideas off each other. It’s a metal community.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My practice amp's a Marshall MG15CFR plugged into a BOSS GT-8

I've got a big old 80W aussie built combo amp & BOSS Metal Zone pedal that I'll probably get rid of & then get a decent head/speaker setup

Last edited:
Actually I’d say there’s just about everything in here. There’s definitely people who favour certain genres and are very well versed in those particular areas - but there’s no elitist mentality. We pretty much all bounce ideas off each other. It’s a metal community.

Unless it's jump da * up metal :sick:.... which I don't mind (within reason) :oops:

Unless it's jump da fu** up metal :sick:.... which I don't mind (within reason) :oops:

Yeah there's no Parkway Drive, POD, Linken Park f*n scooter kid metal aloud up in here..!

Hey, I was trying to make a good impression. At least you guys tolerate my spandex wearing, Sunset Strip cruising brand of utensil-rock!

Hey, I was trying to make a good impression. At least you guys tolerate my spandex wearing, Sunset Strip cruising brand of utensil-rock!

That's only an issue when you start pushing it onto others, like getting me hooked on MädHouse.

Look we all like a good cod piece and a perm, but I can get around stuff like Parkway's first 4 albums, slipknot's first few etc.

Plenty I don't like from those genres but * it, it's all metal and if we all agreed on everything life would be boring

Remove this Banner Ad

Back