Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Look we all like a good cod piece and a perm, but I can get around stuff like Parkway's first 4 albums, slipknot's first few etc.

Plenty I don't like from those genres but fu** it, it's all metal and if we all agreed on everything life would be boring
I can get on board with the odd Parkway song too. They know how to put on a show too. That said, a lot of their new stuff isnt to my taste but hey i dont begrudge those that enjoy that style of metal

I can get on board with the odd Parkway song too. They know how to put on a show too. That said, a lot of their new stuff isnt to my taste but hey i dont begrudge those that enjoy that style of metal

Not a fan personally, but a lot of those bands play well. Saw Parkway at the No Sleep Till Melbourne festival in 2010, between Gwar and Megadeth (Rust In Peace 20th anniversary, played in full; ****ing beautiful, bought more than one tear to my eye). I went to sit in the pavilion for their set, but appreciated that they work hard. I did get my set times mixed up that day, and went into the pit for Gwar, only to realise it was Atreyu...terrible band but also work hard live.

Have seen Devildriver twice in similar circumstances, opening for other bands, once for Fear Factory, once for Megadeth. I remember wishing both times I was a fan, because they absolutely kill it live. But I just don't care for their output, personally.

Not a fan personally, but a lot of those bands play well. Saw Parkway at the No Sleep Till Melbourne festival in 2010, between Gwar and Megadeth (Rust In Peace 20th anniversary, played in full; ****ing beautiful, bought more than one tear to my eye). I went to sit in the pavilion for their set, but appreciated that they work hard. I did get my set times mixed up that day, and went into the pit for Gwar, only to realise it was Atreyu...terrible band but also work hard live.

Have seen Devildriver twice in similar circumstances, opening for other bands, once for Fear Factory, once for Megadeth. I remember wishing both times I was a fan, because they absolutely kill it live. But I just don't care for their output, personally.

Awesome that you got to see Megadeth play that album in full! From what ive seen of Devildriver live videos, they look amazing but im the same as you, apart from a song here or there they don't really appeal.

One of my favourite albums of the year came from Soen. They are progressive rock/metal. The drumming is quality (Martin Lopez - ex Opeth) and the way they transition from heavy pounding rhythms to melodic and restrained passages is great. Some of the guitar work is a little David Gilmour-ish and the vocals are really top notch too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back