Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Top recommendations on Prime? Just been watching anime on there.

The Boys and The Man in the High Castle are quality. I've started The Hand Of God, but it's not at the same level. Invincible is adult animation, and brilliant (I think all of you regulars here would love it). I find with Amazon Originals the TV shows are great, movies not so much; not terrible, just not as good. There's a few more series I want to get onto, like El Cid, but I will be right on top of Wheel of Time and the new series set in The Lord of the Rings world when it's out (set in the Second Age, The Hobbit and LOTR trilogy are in the Third Age). There's also an adaptation of Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell I noticed the other day which is quite acclaimed.

As far as anime goes there's a bit that grabs me. I started watching Onihei, and it started well, but the English subs disappear from ep 4 on. I've contemplated watching it with Spanish or French subs, but I don't have enough skill to read either at the right pace, and there'll still be far too many words I don't know, let alone try to absorb the sound of Japanese at the same time.

The last anime I watched on Amazon was Happy Sugar Life. It's incredibly dark psychologically, but if you read a synopsis rest assured there isn't a sexual component between the two main characters, thankfully. It's still not an easy watch.

On Netflix I've just started Devilman: Crybaby and Darwin's Game, as far as anime goes. Just finished Castlevania and before that Demon Slayer (both have some of the best animation you'll ever see). Also watching La Revolucion (live action, French language, I am watching it with subs, but I'm trying to absorb as much of the language as I can. The plot throws zombies into the French Revolution). I've found with Netflix though that their originals are high quality, movies and series; I'm using it less and less for non-exclusive content. Also just noticed yet another series that's piqued my interest, The Chestnut Murders, I think it's one of those Scandinavian-noir series. It really is a golden age of tv/movies we're living in.

You've probably seen them all, but there's a couple of music docos
Get thrashed
Death (schuldiner) doco
Murder in the front row
Fat wreck (I seem to recall you liked nofx, but I might have that wrong?)

And of course the 'lords of chaos' comedy 😅

Cheers - will check them out and correct with NOFX. Particularly White Trash/Longest Line era.

The Boys and The Man in the High Castle are quality. I've started The Hand Of God, but it's not at the same level. Invincible is adult animation, and brilliant (I think all of you regulars here would love it). I find with Amazon Originals the TV shows are great, movies not so much; not terrible, just not as good. There's a few more series I want to get onto, like El Cid, but I will be right on top of Wheel of Time and the new series set in The Lord of the Rings world when it's out (set in the Second Age, The Hobbit and LOTR trilogy are in the Third Age). There's also an adaptation of Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell I noticed the other day which is quite acclaimed.

As far as anime goes there's a bit that grabs me. I started watching Onihei, and it started well, but the English subs disappear from ep 4 on. I've contemplated watching it with Spanish or French subs, but I don't have enough skill to read either at the right pace, and there'll still be far too many words I don't know, let alone try to absorb the sound of Japanese at the same time.

The last anime I watched on Amazon was Happy Sugar Life. It's incredibly dark psychologically, but if you read a synopsis rest assured there isn't a sexual component between the two main characters, thankfully. It's still not an easy watch.

On Netflix I've just started Devilman: Crybaby and Darwin's Game, as far as anime goes. Just finished Castlevania and before that Demon Slayer (both have some of the best animation you'll ever see). Also watching La Revolucion (live action, French language, I am watching it with subs, but I'm trying to absorb as much of the language as I can. The plot throws zombies into the French Revolution). I've found with Netflix though that their originals are high quality, movies and series; I'm using it less and less for non-exclusive content. Also just noticed yet another series that's piqued my interest, The Chestnut Murders, I think it's one of those Scandinavian-noir series. It really is a golden age of tv/movies we're living in.

I’m watching Blade of the Immortal on Prime. Demon Slayer is incredible - read the complete manga series and saw Infinity Train at the cinema three times. Love it. Will check Happy Sugar Life out.

I’m watching Blade of the Immortal on Prime. Demon Slayer is incredible - read the complete manga series and saw Infinity Train at the cinema three times. Love it. Will check Happy Sugar Life out.

I'm contemplating getting Funimation once work settles down so I can watch the Demon Slayer movie.

As always, my ongoing recommendation is Another. It's the best anime series I've ever seen.

I'm contemplating getting Funimation once work settles down so I can watch the Demon Slayer movie.

As always, my ongoing recommendation is Another. It's the best anime series I've ever seen.

Might re watch Another. I have Crunchy Roll - it’s ok.

KK's Priest. Really enjoying this (non JP fans probably won't like it all). Neither here or there but he should have used a name that doesn't remind me of "Oliver/Dawson Saxon" and commissioned some decent cover art. Not a huge Ripper fan but will let that one slide. In a pre covid world I could picture him doing a quick tour down here - be awesome live.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KK's Priest. Really enjoying this (non JP fans probably won't like it all). Neither here or there but he should have used a name that doesn't remind me of "Oliver/Dawson Saxon" and commissioned some decent cover art. Not a huge Ripper fan but will let that one slide. In a pre covid world I could picture him doing a quick tour down here - be awesome live.
Listening right now. I think its great!

Deceased - SO.
Out of curiosity I'll randomly put on one of the (many) albums you post that I've never heard of. I really like this one.

That's what's great about this thread for me, it's really opening my eyes to the world of metal outside of what has been a pretty shuttered experience for me.

Out of curiosity I'll randomly put on one of the (many) albums you post that I've never heard of. I really like this one.

That's what's great about this thread for me, it's really opening my eyes to the world of metal outside of what has been a pretty shuttered experience for me.

Good to hear. Deceased are a great band. Lots of variation in their music.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back