Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
WUFC
PACMAN'S HIGH SCORES-----2021..

AGENT STEEL - No other godz, gay ass Cher vocals Fkd it! So f*%ck them actually ALICE COOPER - Detroit Stories was better!

CANNIBAL CORPSE - Violence Unimagined Subpar compared to Skeletal Domain, lacks quality production & missing Pat O'Brien's manic riffs & solo's. Still a solid release with Rob Barrett's hooky input: Inhumane Harvest & Murderous Rampage. Rutan's Ritual Annihilation goes alright. Alot of side B just sounds like CC jamming out at a mates house.

EVILE - Hell Unleasheed Track 1's a clear tip of the hat to Arise, the vibe remains beneath the album throughout. Their best work to date, a rare & hard to ignore UK thrash gem!

EXTINCTION A.D. - Chaos, Collusion, Carnage & Propaganda [EP] 11 minute 4 track E.P worth checking out, decent Sepul cover song on there..

MAYHEM - Atavistic Black Disorder / Kommando [EP], Side A

NECROMANTIA - To the Depths We Descend... Just some good ol' tru Greek Black Metal sh*t if you're into it there's a few good songs on there, particularly Eldritch which is as good as any song released in '21

VULTURE - Dealin' Death Great sound, riffs, songs, etc, just needs more blistering solo's, some of them barely cut the mustard

KISS - Off The Soundboard: Tokyo 2001 Live album of the year, such a sh*t year for going to gigs, this recording hit the spot!

WICKED SMILE - Wait For The Night A good old fashioned heavy metal/hard rock album for those of us partial to Gunners, Dokken, RATT & Def Leppard.

YOTH IRIA - As the Flame Withers Was initially a toss up between this & NECROMANTIA - To the Depths We Descend... for Greek Black Metal album of the year. Killer fisrt song, The Great Hunter, track 4 The Mantis, 5 The Crown Turns Black also pretty killer. Seen the album is ranked amongst top 20 gbm albums of all time already & deservidly so.

Top few would be the Yoth Iria, Evile & WS albums for me, this year was a pissweak one compared to last year for albums, I'd have rather given a top 10 or 20 songs!

** Note - Forgive the late edits, was pissing on in the neighbors pool all evening, but was determined to get a Top 10 in out of respect for the late great Malcolm Dome, just awoke only to sink a few more cans & metal on!!

Last edited:

Pacman82

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
WUFC
The blind faith of Maiden fans never wavers.

F@ck me drunk, just make a couple of catchy 3n1/2 min songs & get over yourselves!!

Hey guys I'm launching a new show format tonight at 8pm. I'm essentially creating "street press in video" with gig reviews/previews. Interested on feedback on what you like, don't like and any suggested improvements. Cheers!

It's great that you're getting these gigs on tape, high quality sound/vision as well. I reckon a lot of punters would give highlight or, stand alone tracks, plenty of spins too, there'd be plenty there you'd have captured through out the course!

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
ab877339fe4ce3005c72bb9b383c665f.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

James Colorado

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
The Baggy Green, Storm, Celtic F.C.
deathevocation, have been watching Japan Sinks 2020 on Netflix. If you can get through episode 8 without getting emotional at the end, you're definitely more of a cold-hearted bastard than I.

Schauermann

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2011
Hamburg
AFL Club
Fremantle
NECROMANTIA - To the Depths We Descend... Just some good ol' tru Greek Black Metal sh*t if you're into it there's a few good songs on there, particularly Eldritch which is as good as any song released in '21
Forgot about Necromantia already. Need to check that one out again.

Osho

By God and the mauser.
Jul 9, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
It's been a week since some of you gents gave me much appreciated recommendations. Here are some thoughts on some of the bands I've spent some time listening to, in case you are wondering ----

Szron - Deathcamp Earth: Fits my bill and fits the COVID zeitgeist also. Great riffing, they get into a groove at times, and the icecold singing is hypothermic. Middle section of the album is wonderful. Subtle variations in riffing is very satisfying. I will be delving deeper.

Celestial Bloodshed - Cursed, Scarred, and Forever Possessed: Unpretensious BM,I think it is honest and not overwrought like some other crap out there. Basic components, no frills, the way it once was. Quite punishing and exhausting.

Furia: post BM? Avantegaard BM? Not sure what it is but I love it. Incredible albums, especially Księżyc Milczy Luty. Blended genres, interesting discordant chord changes and syncopation. Note picking is not very trad BM and gives the music another dimension. Full of nice suprises not knowing where they will go in the next section.

UADA: singer has Howard Hughes fingernails, and wonderful and outrageous singing. Become so accustomed to non English lyrics, quite a thrill comprehending the lyrics. UADA is a real Dionysian hedonistic band, it's like simultaneously gorging on bloody roast beef AND laying down with the Ryan twins upstairs. A bit like how I felt listening to ACDC live in the late 70s when they were making marvellously dirty and under produced hard rock, or listening to early Irons. Joyful and sinful pleasures. However, UADA is not BM as I understand it. They have too many bright toned moments, too much optimism in the music if not so in the lyrics, though the singing has too much variety and terraced levels to be BM in my untutored opinion. How anyone can think they are similar to MGLA boggles me. Sure, they have drummers and guitarists, but so did Beach Boys.

Ygg - Ygg: knew they were Ukranian on first listen. Astonishing album this one. The folk influence and recent centuries of struggle and war comes through in very meloncholic ways. It does make one want to stand up and resist the oppressor.

Maybe more to come later....

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's been a week since some of you gents gave me much appreciated recommendations. Here are some thoughts on some of the bands I've spent some time listening to, in case you are wondering ----

Szron - Deathcamp Earth: Fits my bill and fits the COVID zeitgeist also. Great riffing, they get into a groove at times, and the icecold singing is hypothermic. Middle section of the album is wonderful. Subtle variations in riffing is very satisfying. I will be delving deeper.

Celestial Bloodshed - Cursed, Scarred, and Forever Possessed: Unpretensious BM,I think it is honest and not overwrought like some other crap out there. Basic components, no frills, the way it once was. Quite punishing and exhausting.

Furia: post BM? Avantegaard BM? Not sure what it is but I love it. Incredible albums, especially Księżyc Milczy Luty. Blended genres, interesting discordant chord changes and syncopation. Note picking is not very trad BM and gives the music another dimension. Full of nice suprises not knowing where they will go in the next section.

UADA: singer has Howard Hughes fingernails, and wonderful and outrageous singing. Become so accustomed to non English lyrics, quite a thrill comprehending the lyrics. UADA is a real Dionysian hedonistic band, it's like simultaneously gorging on bloody roast beef AND laying down with the Ryan twins upstairs. A bit like how I felt listening to ACDC live in the late 70s when they were making marvellously dirty and under produced hard rock, or listening to early Irons. Joyful and sinful pleasures. However, UADA is not BM as I understand it. They have too many bright toned moments, too much optimism in the music if not so in the lyrics, though the singing has too much variety and terraced levels to be BM in my untutored opinion. How anyone can think they are similar to MGLA boggles me. Sure, they have drummers and guitarists, but so did Beach Boys.

Ygg - Ygg: knew they were Ukranian on first listen. Astonishing album this one. The folk influence and recent centuries of struggle and war comes through in very meloncholic ways. It does make one want to stand up and resist the oppressor.

Maybe more to come later....

Try Blaze of Perdition ‘The Hierophant’ too.

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What the fu** is going on at the moment? Gigs are getting cancelled left and right. The government hasn't shut down venues have they? Canberra Metal Fest just cancelled and rescheduled for the middle of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad