Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched something from my childhood on Amazon Prime (leaves in two days).

Metallica- Cunning Stunts.

On the Load tour, so past their best musically, but peaking in a live sense, utterly spectacular and as good as they ever got.

A few utensil teases such as Sanirium and My Friend of Misery, but overall an amazing set list (sorry, drunk as I wrote this). Watch while
you have the chance .

Once upon a time, they were the best band in the world.

Back when James used to swear at the crowd and before he told them he loves them. Potty mouthed James was the best.

Had a dubbed VHS that I used to watch every day after school in 98/99. Set me on a path.

Last edited:
How do you guys protect your digipak cds? I'm looking for some plastic outer sleeves but ebay is basically useless in that respect. I've bought some really thin ones before from there and they weren't great. Really thought there would be more options out there. I'm quote particular about keeping mine in good condition.

How do you guys protect your digipak cds? I'm looking for some plastic outer sleeves but ebay is basically useless in that respect. I've bought some really thin ones before from there and they weren't great. Really thought there would be more options out there. I'm quote particular about keeping mine in good condition.

Can't stand the format. I barely handle them and never put them in the car. I though those Japanese thin plastic sleeves are the best for them but sounds like you're not a fan.

Can't stand the format. I barely handle them and never put them in the car. I though those Japanese thin plastic sleeves are the best for them but sounds like you're not a fan.

I just don't like that they have a sticky seal on them. Fine if you don't plan on taking the CD out often but not really practical. Plus I find the plastic rips easily.

I have some that came with CDs I bought years ago that were more like a thick plastic envelope where you just fold the slip of it back into itself. Buggered if I can find anything like that now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scourge Of Humanity by Burning

This album dabbles a bit in power metal, a bit in hard rock, a bit in traditional heavy metal. Not necessarily to the level of a band like Eternal Champion but an enjoyable listen.

One of the songs feature Dennis Stratton on guitar (ex-Iron Maiden).

Maleficentt - Night of Eternal Darkness.

Had to check my speakers were properly balanced and tuned - they were, but the music is beyond their scope.

Atomic Opera - Time Warp.

This debut release came out last year, so is very much NWOTHM, but the thing is they had a demo out in 1986, and then nothing until the album. So, maybe the NWO part can be dropped, but more importantly, it's amazing these guys never gave up and finally released a solid album.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back