Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

New Tony Martin 'Thorns' album is OK, pretty heavy in parts and his voice still sounds good. Some sort of odd moments like when I swear Les Claypool broke into the studio for a funky bass solo.
deathevocation heard it yet?

Nah - didn’t know about it. Will check it out.

New Tony Martin 'Thorns' album is OK, pretty heavy in parts and his voice still sounds good. Some sort of odd moments like when I swear Les Claypool broke into the studio for a funky bass solo.
deathevocation heard it yet?

100,000 views in less than two months. Clearly a lot of interest.

He sounds great but the song is a little lacklustre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picked up a heap of David Allan Coe and Hank Jnr vinyl today. Then took the boy to JB to get a laptop for school - saw new Exodus on vinyl and grabbed it. I like a few songs on it plus a heap of the solos.

RIP Meatloaf.
Geewizz the guy copped heaps for his GF performance, but I always liked his bombastic and OTT persona. Bat Out of Hell was bigger than Texas at the time, it brought together cheesy rock instrumentation with dramatic film/theatre musical approaches, and themes of young dudes getting a root in a car then leaving the lass for dead. Bat Out of Hell the song still stands up as a great teenage anthem, I just had a relisten. He was very good in Fight Club, smothering little Norton in his prolific chest. RIP Big Boy.

From Meatloaf to Hellhammer. Listening to the remix of their 3 demos - extraordinary stuff, very basic and raw, no frills, quite exciting listening to it for the first few times.

Edit - Demon Entrails is the fitting name of the recording.

Geewizz the guy copped heaps for his GF performance, but I always liked his bombastic and OTT persona. Bat Out of Hell was bigger than Texas at the time, it brought together cheesy rock instrumentation with dramatic film/theatre musical approaches, and themes of young dudes getting a root in a car then leaving the lass for dead. Bat Out of Hell the song still stands up as a great teenage anthem, I just had a relisten. He was very good in Fight Club, smothering little Norton in his prolific chest. RIP Big Boy.

I always found the discussion around that performance to be really disrespectful. We invite someone over here that is well past their prime and absolutely rip them to shreds when it doesn't turn out as well as we'd hoped. Then Australians will complain without a hint of self awareness that we don't get enough international acts, especially for Grand Final entertainment.
Compared to most of the top 40 s**t that they usually hire for those events, I'd say he wasn't that much worse.

I always found the discussion around that performance to be really disrespectful. We invite someone over here that is well past their prime and absolutely rip them to shreds when it doesn't turn out as well as we'd hoped. Then Australians will complain without a hint of self awareness that we don't get enough international acts, especially for Grand Final entertainment.
Compared to most of the top 40 sh*t that they usually hire for those events, I'd say he wasn't that much worse.
Agree, we can lack class at times.

Compared to most of the top 40 sh*t that they usually hire for those events, I'd say he wasn't that much worse.
Probably among the best. Only Angry Andersen was better.

And I am not even a big fan of Meat Loaf. Probably prefer him as actor.

But I liked Bat out of Hell coverartwork when I was a kid (well probably part 2, 1 was ages ago), but never managed to buy it back then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back