Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, really good! Much better than expected, and Max actually seems to be playing most of the time in this one.
Bassplayer is killing it

Bass playing is loving it. Looks like Max Has been looking after himself.….

Good album after first listen, I was dark on that Midnight Sun song when I heard it the other day but it seamlessly slots in on side B & has good solos, Becoming Immortal sounded grouse along with the other two singles released prior..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good album after first listen, I was dark on that Midnight Sun song when I heard it the other day but it seamlessly slots in on side B & has good solos, Becoming Immortal sounded grouse along with the other two singles released prior..

**** me, their renaissance since Violent Revolution just continues...

All this In Flames talk made me pull out my The Jester Race cd. Really good album - pity they didn’t stick with that sound.
Love that album. Shame they dont sound how they did back then but hey - things change. I try not to be too critical of bands that evolve and completely change their sound, because its their choice. Plus, if they are in the mindset of only keeping the same sound to appease their fans, but wanting a creative change themselves, then the music they release probably wouldnt be very inspired anyway. I try to appreciate the stuff i do like and if the band changes to the point where their music no longer appeals, so be it...Ill keep listening to the old stuff. That said, when trying to decide whether to see a band live, it can be tough if half their music appeals and the other half doesnt.

Point is, with a band like In Flames im just glad they released music i like at some point in their career. For them it just so happened to be their early stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back