Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Ancient Crypts - Inhaling the Fumes of a Burning Carcass, slightly sludgier side project of nosdm band Invincible Force

This albums a bit of a funny one, took a while for me to warm up to, due to side A being a bit dull, side B however is unreal. From '91, unique sounding songs, which is something the new wave of thrash bands can't replicate as they mostly just reproduce the most base sounding riffs & formula's non-stop..

Saw Rage Against The Machine last night in Chicago. The previous night Zach broke (or at least badly injured) his leg, but continued performing whilst leaning/sitting. Today he did the entire set sitting, and actually looked in significant pain at times. Still was pretty epic.

Reports are Pantera are reuniting.

My initial thought was the obvious, "How??", but there's a lot out there, so seems to be more than a rumour.

I haven't reached for their material in a long time, so a little ambivalent about whether I want to relive this aspect of my childhood, though a very young James Colorado did see them at Festival Hall in 01.

I do fear the guitarist and drummer will be handed a poisoned chalice, though.

Reports are Pantera are reuniting.

My initial thought was the obvious, "How??", but there's a lot out there, so seems to be more than a rumour.

I haven't reached for their material in a long time, so a little ambivalent about whether I want to relive this aspect of my childhood, though a very young James Colorado did see them at Festival Hall in 01.

I do fear the guitarist and drummer will be handed a poisoned chalice, though.

Isn’t Zakk Wylde on guitar? Or just rumours..?

Isn’t Zakk Wylde on guitar? Or just rumours..?

He was always the suggestion, but that was before Vinnie died, and it was all fan led. No announcement as to who's replacing the Abbotts.

Going to watch Defeated Sanity tonight. The promoter has two ‘core’ bands opening and Defeated Sanity aren’t headlining (Disentomb are). For those unaware, Defeated Sanity are the best brutal dm act since the Unique Leader golden age in early 2000s. I’m happy I get the chance to see them but not sure what planet the promoter is from - hopefully there is a decent crowd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guess its official now - he and Charlie Benante.

Yeah, saw last night.

Zakk and Charlie do suit, but I also think it might have been an opportunity to give some up and comers a shot at stardom by playing with Phil and Rex.

I know Pantera are peak "bro-metal", but I'm actually getting a little excited.

Bummed they didn't make it out west.

Unless I've missed any other tour announcements, gotta wait till November to see Skeletal Remains.
Vader is playing in October. Psycroptic are playing in Melbourne in August, as are The Mark of Cain. The Hu are touring in August (Mongolian metal band).

Desecrator farewell show will be massive in October.

Some decent punk tours (Whores, Pennywise/Circle Jerks, Amyl and the Sniffers/COFFIN, The Chats, No Fun at All); Xibalba are hardcore I believe. Sasquatch if you like stoner.

It's not back to "normal" but there's some decent bands touring.

Edit: just noticed you're in Perth. Not sure how many of those bands are making it out west.

Not my thing, but if anyone here is I to fates warning, a new book has been released. Decibel have done some great books (if you can afford the horrendous US postage!).

Vader is playing in October. Psycroptic are playing in Melbourne in August, as are The Mark of Cain. The Hu are touring in August (Mongolian metal band).

Desecrator farewell show will be massive in October.

Some decent punk tours (Whores, Pennywise/Circle Jerks, Amyl and the Sniffers/COFFIN, The Chats, No Fun at All); Xibalba are hardcore I believe. Sasquatch if you like stoner.

It's not back to "normal" but there's some decent bands touring.

Edit: just noticed you're in Perth. Not sure how many of those bands are making it out west.

I think Vader are only doing the east coast. Psycroptic have come west before but I missed them last time.

I see Pennywise are hitting Perth so that's cool, haven't listened to them for years but might have to go along.

Not my thing, but if anyone here is I to fates warning, a new book has been released. Decibel have done some great books (if you can afford the horrendous US postage!).

I'm a fan.

Awaken the Guardian took me a few goes to get into, but once I did I fell in love with it (I found the vocals to be an acquired taste, but once they click everything makes sense). I'm not across their whole discography, but they're a band I've always wanted to explore in more depth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back