Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Alice Cooper - Live from the Astroturf.

Big day of releases today. Autopsy, Thulsa Doom, Faceless Burial and Acephalix.

Thought these might be a nice addition alongside that Slayer rug?

89ec44a2628078795847961a423c216b.jpg

I figured i'd bite the bullet and clear out my Bigfooty thread subscription emails.

The Dahmer series has been good so far, I've had an urge to get back into some Macabre since I started watching.
After Dahmer started playing some Macabre myself too, followed by Church of Misery.

As for Anvil - meh. It's always the bands I don't want to see that come to Adelaide.

What's the best site to use in Australia to look out for 2nd hand tickets? Moving back to Oz next week and wouldn't mind a ticket for the Dead Congregation show in Sydney. Cheers.

No Sydney tickets yet but keep an eye out. I used this site for Rose Tattoo the other week and it was fine.

+1 for ‘hating fun’ right here

Sorry dude

I forgot this forum was basically a Black Metal shill channel

My bad

This is easily the most elitist sub forum on Bigfooty

Basically the same 4 guys shilling the same 4 things over and over again

Why do I even come here

Last edited:
Sorry dude

My bad

Why do I even come here
You obviously haven't checked out the association football threads yet. Also what's a black metal shill?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry dude

My bad

Why do I even come here

That's ok, no need to be sorry - but I don't think your assertion is based in fact. A check of the last 10-12 posts reveals the following bands/topics:
  1. Asphyx
  2. Alice Cooper
  3. Saxon scented candles
  4. Dahmer on Netflix
  5. Anvil
  6. Celtic Frost
  7. Judas Priest (incl. the mighty Tecate beer)
  8. Dead Congregation
  9. Engulfed
  10. Metal concert resellers in Australia
  11. Gates of Ishtar
That's about as General as it gets. I'm not seeing the Black Metal?

That's ok, no need to be sorry - but I don't think your assertion is based in fact. A check of the last 10-12 posts reveals the following bands/topics:
  1. Asphyx
  2. Alice Cooper
  3. Saxon scented candles
  4. Dahmer on Netflix
  5. Anvil
  6. Celtic Frost
  7. Judas Priest (incl. the mighty Tecate beer)
  8. Dead Congregation
  9. Engulfed
  10. Metal concert resellers in Australia
  11. Gates of Ishtar
That's about as General as it gets. I'm not seeing the Black Metal?
They are just assuming elitism, is that itself a form of elitism? ;)

I think the problem is there is a divide between nu metal and metalcore/deathcore and the other sub genres of metal. Generally metalcore & deathcore bands aren't really held in high esteem by many in this thread. I dont think that is elitism at all though. I dont mind some bands from those genres but there is a big difference between certain sub genres of metal and its probably rare to like ALL subgenres. That said, as you've suggested, there is a very broad range of metal discussed in this thread, its their fault for not realising that and jumping to the elitism call. Ironically, that is itself a close minded attitude

Sorry dude

My bad

Why do I even come here

I looked up the thing you posted and it appeared to not be heavy metal at all? Unsure why you were expecting a different response.

In Sydney for the NRL. Prepared a shopping list for Utopia - top three wants sold out yesterday. Ended up with new Autopsy cd (vinyl sold out), Defiance’s debut (recently reissued on cd), Impellitteri’s ’Wicked Maiden’ (got all albums now except for Pedal to the Medal because it looks s**t and apparently is s**t), Trouble’s S/T and the recent Phlebotomized mcd. The new Alice Cooper live album was sold out on all formats - was released on Friday and he said they moved 35 copies of the cd (not sure of the vinyl). Doesn’t sound like much but in context I guess it is. Fire alarm went off so ordered it online from Wow HD. Place was really busy too - pity no one wants to front up the cash and open a store like it in Melbourne.

What a fun time Desecrator was, really awesome night of great tunes! I have to say Harlot stole the show for me, thought they were fantastic. So many great musicians on show too, so many of them could really play.

And props to the guitar player from Harlot fronting up straight after for In Malice's Wake, fair effort.

What a fun time Desecrator was, really awesome night of great tunes! I have to say Harlot stole the show for me, thought they were fantastic. So many great musicians on show too, so many of them could really play.

And props to the guitar player from Harlot fronting up straight after for In Malice's Wake, fair effort.

Solid crowd too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back