Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

What a lot of those French Les Legion Noires bands did though was go lo-fi for the sake of it, I reckon they went as far as dirtying it up post-production where as more notable bands like Darkthrone just had s**t gear and no idea how to record anyway but the effort was there. These try hard grimbo BM bands forgot that you still need some production values.

There's some good riffs on this album, some very good riffs, but there's no point if they can't be heard. I honestly thought this was a demo recorded on cassette at first. I am finding it worth persevering with, but I might steer clear of the rest of that scene if it's even more intolerable.

Edit: some good riffs, but some weird stuff too. I'll probably give it another couple of plays, but I'm not sure it's something I'll be reaching for a year from now.

Last edited:
Speaking of French BM, this is pretty unique (in both sound and visuals)

Speaking of French BM, this is pretty unique (in both sound and visuals)

Haha, if only they knew. Never really paid much attention to PN but this video surprised me. They must like that 'Telephone' clip by Lady Gaga. It goes a bit tough guy hardcore after that though. Can imagine what they may be singing about given the s**t which has gone down in France in recent years.

Haha, if only they knew. Never really paid much attention to PN but this video surprised me. They must like that 'Telephone' clip by Lady Gaga. It goes a bit tough guy hardcore after that though. Can imagine what they may be singing about given the s**t which has gone down in France in recent years.

I haven't listened to them in so long and thought WTF when I saw that video then. First time I played it was on the phone while I was sitting on the lounge and it wasn't the best but now I'm on the computer it's actually not that bad through a pair of Audio Technicas. Video still looks like black metal Fred Durst but if you hit pause a few times there are some pretty interesting shirts haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How ridiculous that they said anti-Islamic lyrics shouldn’t be treated equal to anti-Christian lyrics. What about like Grand Belial’s Key for example who are anti-Abrahamic, as in equally anti Judaism, Christianity and Islam. So what? Oh, of course, being anti-Christian is edgy and cool and Christianity represents the bourgeoisie that these Marxist antifa and regressive left types think they are fighting in their fantasy world. They are a walking contradiction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back