Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

I avoided the Roots tour, cos obviously (ended up going to the sold out Richmond-GWS PF and being a total flog to all my tigers mates who couldn't get tickets), but I'd go to this one.

Yep. I'll go too. From memory skipped Arise tour at Festival Hall. Goes to show how big they were back then.

Has anyone here seen Voivod before? I'm really indecisive about buying a ticket to their upcoming tour and a nudge in either direction could definitely persuade me.

Also, Sumeru and Lo! were pretty great on the weekend. The drummer from Lo! had to fill in for Sumeru at the last minute and despite only having a quick jam to prepare before their set, he killed it.

Has anyone here seen Voivod before? I'm really indecisive about buying a ticket to their upcoming tour and a nudge in either direction could definitely persuade me.

Also, Sumeru and Lo! were pretty great on the weekend. The drummer from Lo! had to fill in for Sumeru at the last minute and despite only having a quick jam to prepare before their set, he killed it.

Voivod haven't been here since 2000 when they were a three piece and they played Metal for the Brain. This will be the first time they've been to Aus. with Snake on vocals so definitely more of the classic sound that they're renowned for.
My wife bought me a ticket for Xmas and I absolutely can't wait.

Last edited:
Voivod haven't been here since 2000 when they were a three piece and they played Metal for the Brain. This will be the first time they've been to Aus. with Snake on vocals so definitely more of the classic sound that made them a classic bans.
My wife bought me a ticket for Xmas and i absolutely can't wait.

Yeah, i knew this was the first time that they will tour here in ages. I was hoping someone had seen them somewhat recently overseas. I'll probably end up going as it seems to be a reasonable price for a band that hasn't toured here in so long.

Yeah, i knew this was the first time that they will tour here in ages. I was hoping someone had seen them somewhat recently overseas. I'll probably end up going as it seems to be a reasonable price for a band that hasn't toured here in so long.

I am a bit like you. Will call it on the day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This really annoys me. Its like the Anselmo nonsense, i don't give a s**t what his personal views are when deciding whether to attend a gig or not. I don't care if he is a horrible individual or not. Maybe it means i wouldnt want to be his mate but it has no affect on whether i like his music or not. For me, lyrics can be as horrible/absurd/bigoted/mysoginistic/homophobic/derogatory/whatever the * offends people these days and i do not give a * if i like the music. Some people need to learn to stop taking offence and just take everything with a grain of salt. I can watch interviews of serial killers and not become one, i can watch videos about musicians burning churches and not want to burn a church. I can read religious texts and not want to take on board their completely moronic views. If you don't like something or are offended by something, then it is as simple as making sure you avoid that something, whatever that may be. Its like Steve Hughes says, if you are offended by something, that is fine, be offended...but nothing negative happens to you when you are offended. I'm offended by so much pop/rap or whatever the * music is out there but i don't go about trying to censor all that s**t. I simply go about my life trying to ignore it. I am not conservative at all but all this political correctness stuff is just bullshit. /Rant

It's one thing when it's white supremacist links but I mean c'mon it's death metal lyrics.

That second set of lyrics is definitely gross - not in a gory, hammy way - but on the other end of the scale where they're really vile and when you read 'em you think it's properly shite someone actually penned them. But they're basically impossible to make out anyway when they're performed.

Just don't go if it's not your cup of tea. This kind of thing weakens any argument for pulling bands that actually do vile s**t and deserve it.

Remember when this happened and it really pissed me off. The Tote was one my favourite pubs and this stunt really lowered my view of it (who knows if the ownership was the same as what it was when I used to frequent it). It's brutal death metal. Get the **** over yourselves.

The place has gone to s**t. Beer garden is dreadful, whole place sucks nowadays. Regime change has ushered in a whole lot of leftist indie filth. No metal. Avoid. Walk the extra block to The Bendigo.

The place has gone to s**t. Beer garden is dreadful, whole place sucks nowadays. Regime change has ushered in a whole lot of leftist indie filth. No metal. Avoid. Walk the extra block to The Bendigo.

Yeah. Don't think I have been there since GOTH stopped playing there mid 2000s. Mid to late 90s I used to go there a lot.

Yeah. Don't think I have been there since GOTH stopped playing there mid 2000s. Mid to late 90s I used to go there a lot.

Was there maybe 12mths ago. Lasted an hour. Too many bearded hipsters and lefty activist types. Too depressing for a child of 80s metal. Went and got a burger in North Fitzroy (not vegan).

Following up Queensryche -Operation Mindcrime with W.A.S.P - The Crimson Idol.

One is the greatest concept album of all time (sorry The Wall fans), while the other has a clichéd storyline but is still big, dumb, stupid fun. I'm sure there's no need for any hints as to which is which.

Following up Queensryche -Operation Mindcrime with W.A.S.P - The Crimson Idol.

One is the greatest concept album of all time (sorry The Wall fans), while the other has a clichéd storyline but is still big, dumb, stupid fun. I'm sure there's no need for any hints as to which is which.

There’s a funny story Bobby Blotzer tells after Don Dokken went bezerk at him and threw him out of a party at his place the day he turned up in a brand new Trans-Am. Reckons he drove down Sunset Blvd and stops at the lights and crossing the road in front of him is Blackie Lawless. Blackie looks at him, looks at his spanking new car -and drops an elbow into the bonnet. Then walks off. Then apparently Don Dokken helped fix it for him. Funny stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back