Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

King Diamond - Abigail.

Been playing the Mercyful Fate s/t EP to death of late. Do you have it?

On another note, wife’s friend drives an AMG GLA45 and came over lunchtime. I was gonna finally take it out (she always offers).... head out through Wonga Park and enjoy it a bit. Your experience pre-Dee Snider gig kinda prompted me. Anyway, she’s dropped the “na we got rid of it, traded it in” bombshell on me. Bugger. So I walk up my driveway and round the hedge to see what she’s traded it in for.

2018 Maserati Ghibli S. * me.

Last edited:
Got this little beauty out. Wolfs Lair Abyss had just come out IIRC.

754bafe86668ec834a4835b1cc270fa0.jpg
How good was this mag, I've got a few from around 95 to 98

On another note, wife’s friend drives an AMG GLA45 and came over lunchtime. I was gonna finally take it out (she always offers).... head out through Wonga Park and enjoy it a bit. Your experience pre-Dee Snider gig kinda prompted me. Anyway, she’s dropped the “na we got rid of it, traded it in” bombshell on me. Bugger. So I walk up my driveway and round the hedge to see what she’s traded it in for.

2018 Maserati Ghibli S. **** me.

They attract losers in $8k shitboxes down this way. Wonga Park would be ok, but get on the Highway and some clown will try it. Worst is tradie 'peak hour' - those blokes can't help themselves. I had to go to Dandy for work last week and it happened down there too. Guess can't expect much from the dregs of society. Not really sold on Maseratis - don't think they hold their value and in my experience they attract wannabe gangsters usually.

2018 Maserati Ghibli S. **** me.

Either got that MF on vinyl boot or cd boot. Don't think I have that The Beginning cd. Did order a DBTO shirt on Friday from Germany - looks official.

How good was this mag, I've got a few from around 95 to 98

Was ok for a while. Used to have the 'black metal' issue. Metal Maniacs also used to be decent for a maimstream publication. Unfortunately print media is obsolete these days save for books on the history of things. Terrorizer and Metal Maniacs were great for introducing young people to decent music IMO. I guess you could call them gateway mags.

I was thinking ‘The Beginning’ CD would be the best way to go for this.

Just got a copy for $15. I think I have circa 5 to 6 bootleg cds/cdrs with live stuff, the ep, the demos etc and a couple of vinyl boots. Favourite MF is DBTO/ITS and Time.

Got a stack of hot metal and MH from around the era too.

Picked up a couple of cds at jb this morn
nothing heavy heavy
Some machine head albums pantera and genexus by burton/dino

Not a massive range there tbh

Yeah MH was my go to late 80s early 90s. Wish I kept the issue where Jimmy Barnes' 'Two Fires' got album of the month and Blasphemy's 'FOAD' got shitcanned. Haha.

Sad news that on 29th Jan 19, Dark Arts Limited, the parent company of Terrorizer magazine was dissolved.

The rot set in a while back though (years) when they stopped honouring subscriptions to people who’d paid. No correspondence was replied to yet new mags kept appearing for sale. They shafted a lot of people.

They attract losers in $8k shitboxes down this way. Wonga Park would be ok, but get on the Highway and some clown will try it. Worst is tradie 'peak hour' - those blokes can't help themselves. I had to go to Dandy for work last week and it happened down there too. Guess can't expect much from the dregs of society. Not really sold on Maseratis - don't think they hold their value and in my experience they attract wannabe gangsters usually.

Maseratis always had this exotic mystery to them. Never been a hit in Aus but seem popular in the US (like Lexus). Agree the resale on them is terrible. You can get a good 2nd hand Ghibli for under $100k. Don’t understand why, perhaps they’ve got poor quality/reliability. Never known anyone to own one before little miss Lululemon yoga pants turned up in hers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad news that on 29th Jan 19, Dark Arts Limited, the parent company of Terrorizer magazine was dissolved.

The rot set in a while back though (years) when they stopped honouring subscriptions to people who’d paid. No correspondence was replied to yet new mags kept appearing for sale. They shafted a lot of people.
Yep, very sad as it was a great mag back in the day. Ive got boxes of em packed away which are enjoyable to pull out every few years for some nostalgia.

Have a subscription to Decibel these days, but that's about it. Some of their hall of fame stories are awesome.
And their 'improbable history of dm & grindcore' book is essential

Yep, very sad as it was a great mag back in the day. Ive got boxes of em packed away which are enjoyable to pull out every few years for some nostalgia.

Have a subscription to Decibel these days, but that's about it. Some of their hall of fame stories are awesome.
And their 'improbable history of dm & grindcore' book is essential

I’ve a mate who was a subscriber from about 2001 to 2011-12. He has kept every copy.

I’m adding Blue Audi RS3 drivers to the ‘flog’ list. A couple near me seem to take it as challenge when they’re 80-100m behind you to see how quickly they can get up your ass. And then they sit there, so close you can’t read their number plate, like they expect you to pull over and start applauding. I love the cars but serious case of penis envy with a few of the drivers near me.

I reckon this is pretty awful.

Yeah I remember you saying so. I think it is pretty solid. Better than The Graveyard and Abigail 2. Probably prefer it to Voodoo as well. Will have to go back a page or two and see where I rated it. Haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back