Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
Got two albums. Not offensive but nothing new - by all means I should enjoy them but haven't really given them much airtime. Perhaps I should revisist.

New one certainly appealed straight away. Production is sweet (perhaps a little too clean?), leads add a layer of melody over the riff.... has a bit of an At the Gates feel to it. Standard fare as you say.

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
New one certainly appealed straight away. Production is sweet (perhaps a little too clean?), leads add a layer of melody over the riff.... has a bit of an At the Gates feel to it. Standard fare as you say.

Gotta buy a new tripod for the gym (broke the leg on my previous one when I threw it this past Sunday) so will see if Bourke St has it then. 4 deliveries today. Osmose now wrapping its orders in tape which reads "Destroying your souls since 91" or something to the effect. Might need to start saying "it is for my son" if questioned. Haha.

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
Gotta buy a new tripod for the gym (broke the leg on my previous one when I threw it this past Sunday) so will see if Bourke St has it then. 4 deliveries today. Osmose now wrapping its orders in tape which reads "Destroying your souls since 91" or something to the effect. Might need to start saying "it is for my son" if questioned. Haha.

Why did you throw your ‘tripod’?

I don’t think the new one is significantly different from the previous (Dead Shores Rising) save for slightly punchier production? Might be the headphones I’m listening through.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Why did you throw your ‘tripod’?

I don’t think the new one is significantly different from the previous (Dead Shores Rising) save for slightly punchier production? Might be the headphones I’m listening through.

Wasn't an angry throw - just had finished filming something and threw it towards my bag. Landed awkwardly and bang.

Apr 8, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Were you filming yourself in the gym...

Ok I will bite. I film all working sets. I do powerlifting and you need to analyse your lifts to understand form, sticking points, areas which can be improved etc. It is very helpful, particularly if you don't have a coach with you. Even if you have a coach it is helpful as sometimes people need to see a form issue to understand that they have it. I'd say most lifters I know film their training (olympic lifters too). FWIW I was squatting and had a long sleeved shirt on.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
So much gym talk. I need to get back into it, let myself go and need to shed a few kegs. Body has been breaking down due to work, gets worse because I have neglected exercise, and exercise is hard to get into because my body feels broken. Vicious cycle. Did something stupid today so on the Voltaren which doesn’t help.

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ok I will bite. I film all working sets. I do powerlifting and you need to analyse your lifts to understand form, sticking points, areas which can be improved etc. It is very helpful, particularly if you don't have a coach with you. Even if you have a coach it is helpful as sometimes people need to see a form issue to understand that they have it. I'd say most lifters I know film their training (olympic lifters too). FWIW I was squatting and had a long sleeved shirt on.

Fair play. I was just poking the bear. I wish I had your dedication.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
So much gym talk. I need to get back into it, let myself go and need to shed a few kegs. Body has been breaking down due to work, gets worse because I have neglected exercise, and exercise is hard to get into because my body feels broken. Vicious cycle. Did something stupid today so on the Voltaren which doesn’t help.

I started 3 nights a week in the gym when I was in U17s football. This was a serious mapped out & supervised program even at that age. Until I was 33-34 I felt guilty if I missed a session. I’m still in shape for sure but that seems like a lifetime ago.

The thing is once you kinda stop (getting married, having a kid changes everything) it’s really hard to get back to the dedication you had. Nowadays I’ve a basic gym set-up in my own house and I hardly use it. I do run 2-3 times a week and watch what I eat.

You’d be surprised how much of a difference just a few little tweaks in your weekly routine will help. And this in turn feeds you to do more etc.

Old mate Voltaren. Used to know him so well....

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I started 3 nights a week in the gym when I was in U17s football. This was a serious mapped out & supervised program even at that age. Until I was 33-34 I felt guilty if I missed a session. I’m still in shape for sure but that seems like a lifetime ago.

The thing is once you kinda stop (getting married, having a kid changes everything) it’s really hard to get back to the dedication you had. Nowadays I’ve a basic gym set-up in my own house and I hardly use it. I do run 2-3 times a week and watch what I eat.

You’d be surprised how much of a difference just a few little tweaks in your weekly routine will help. And this in turn feeds you to do more etc.

Old mate Voltaren. Used to know him so well....

I only stopped the gym a couple years ago but still carry old junior footy injuries that niggle from time to time. Used to be super fit and was meant to enter the RAAF at 22 but my enlistment fell over at the 11th hour. It used to be easier to get back into but at 33 I’m finding it much harder. The biggest thing is motivation. The missus is starting a new job in a couple weeks much closer to home so she won’t be getting home so late and we vowed to get back into exercise.

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
262d60e4de8969d37914bf413a2dc761.jpg

Back