Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a great day as well. Despite missing a lot of the grunge thing when it first happened, I though AIC were very good. Judas Priest were entertaining as hell (I counted four costume changes for Rob Halford), watched a bit of Slayer who were great but I was there for Ghost and they delivered and then some. Great set, terrific stage show, close to perfect sound: they've got the whole Alice Cooper/KISS/Blue Oyster Cult/Black Sabbath 70s rock thing down perfectly and given that's my favourite period of music I was always going to be a big fan.

Was Priest a bit on the quiet side or was that just me? I tried pushing to the front for them in the hope theyd get louder but I wasn't too successful.

Slayer just absolutely blew it out of the park though didn't they? Such a good setlist too.

Had a great day as well. Despite missing a lot of the grunge thing when it first happened, I though AIC were very good. Judas Priest were entertaining as hell (I counted four costume changes for Rob Halford), watched a bit of Slayer who were great but I was there for Ghost and they delivered and then some. Great set, terrific stage show, close to perfect sound: they've got the whole Alice Cooper/KISS/Blue Oyster Cult/Black Sabbath 70s rock thing down perfectly and given that's my favourite period of music I was always going to be a big fan.
Actually, missing Ghost was the only disappointment for me due to the clash with slayer etc.

Their last couple of albums have been a bit hit and miss for me, but it sounds like they're really putting on a big theatrical show these days. Was keen to see how they'd transitioned to the much bigger scale.

I was lucky enough to see them in europe at a festival when they first started to break (2011) with the first album, and they were amazing then. Really creepy, and a breath of fresh air at the time.

Was Priest a bit on the quiet side or was that just me? I tried pushing to the front for them in the hope theyd get louder but I wasn't too successful.

Slayer just absolutely blew it out of the park though didn't they? Such a good setlist too.

Yeah thought Priest weren't very loud. To be honest, neither were Slayer. I could hear people talking easily during both sets.

Ha ha. Not everyone’s partner is as ‘understanding’ as yours appears to be.

Was planning on going to Killtown Deathfest this year but tickets appeared to have sold out. So I didn't get the chance to advise her of that business trip.

English punk duo Slaves were an early highlight. Anyone who can beat the * out of a drum set and deliver vocals at the same time standing up with that much energy gets a thumbs up from me.

Wandered around catching bands from the back most of the day, got in Rise Against's pit which was fun. Tried to get in the mix at Slayer but I was far too drunk for it. Ended up catching half of them and half of Ghost.

Yeah thought Priest weren't very loud. To be honest, neither were Slayer. I could hear people talking easily during both sets.

Ghost were the loudest set I heard for the day but also were in the confines of that big tent thing. I think the volume had a lot to do with where you were standing.

Ghost were the loudest set I heard for the day but also were in the confines of that big tent thing. I think the volume had a lot to do with where you were standing.

No doubt re. sound and my positioning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Metallica ticket secured for Adelaide Oval. $260 for GA Gold. Metclub presale.

What, you're paying the $1300odd for the meet & greet?

Between AIC songs, the people next to me were talking about it. One of them suggested that Lars might sign a trash can lid.

What, you're paying the $1300odd for the meet & greet?

Between AIC songs, the people next to me were talking about it. One of them suggested that Lars might sign a trash can lid.

Nah. I'm a fanboy but not to that degree. Plus, I believe it was 3.5k for the meet and greet, not 1300.

At least Lars has a sense of humour about himself though:

Screenshot_20190312-195030_Instagram.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back