Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know how the band members could look you in the eye after charging that amount.

I wonder what they are thinking during the meet and greet? Do they actually care or are aware how much people are paying? I mean if I was in Metallica I would never be thinking of money because no one in my family for eternity would likely need to work. Pricing would be based on demand so people obviously are up for it. Even bands like Overkill etc do it. Pay for a photo, a handshake and 5 minutes of forced small talk? Not for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Metallica have been doing meet and greets for fan club members essentially since they got too big to mingle in the crowd (puppets days) Every tour there's a draw you can enter to win a m&g for free.

But yes paying 3k+ for the privilege is s**t.

It might just be me but I never understood why some people go to great lengths to meet famous people or their idols. I really don’t care about them, just what they do. I’ve been in footy circles where flogs gloat about how they schmooze up to players at coterie events when I couldn’t give a * outside of what they do on the weekend. Same for bands. There are a few I wouldn’t mind meeting but I’d never pay for 5 minutes of small talk.

That goes for small talk in general. Is there anything worse than being at a gig or something and someone just standing there asks how your week was?

Metallica have been doing meet and greets for fan club members essentially since they got too big to mingle in the crowd (puppets days) Every tour there's a draw you can enter to win a m&g for free.

But yes paying 3k+ for the privilege is s**t.
It is almost like they don't want to do it but if people are stupid enough to pay that much then why not.

Even hugh jackman is only charging 1k never seen anyone else charge 3k+ before.

It is almost like they don't want to do it but if people are stupid enough to pay that much then why not.

Even hugh jackman is only charging 1k never seen anyone else charge 3k+ before.

KISS are offering a VIP package that's 7 grand.

It might just be me but I never understood why some people go to great lengths to meet famous people or their idols. I really don’t care about them, just what they do. I’ve been in footy circles where flogs gloat about how they schmooze up to players at coterie events when I couldn’t give a **** outside of what they do on the weekend. Same for bands. There are a few I wouldn’t mind meeting but I’d never pay for 5 minutes of small talk.

That goes for small talk in general. Is there anything worse than being at a gig or something and someone just standing there asks how your week was?

In my younger days I would have loved the opportunity to meet some musical heroes. These days, not so much. One thing is for sure, if the opportunity arose, I wouldn't ask them about their band at all. They've heard it all and would prefer to talk about something else.

It might just be me but I never understood why some people go to great lengths to meet famous people or their idols. I really don’t care about them, just what they do. I’ve been in footy circles where flogs gloat about how they schmooze up to players at coterie events when I couldn’t give a **** outside of what they do on the weekend. Same for bands. There are a few I wouldn’t mind meeting but I’d never pay for 5 minutes of small talk.

With you on this. Think the only time I have approached a "famous" person is when I saw Steve Harris in Little Collins. Even then I had a moment where I thought I should leave him alone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back