Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Album before it is fantastic. That a band this ‘old’ can still produce songs as amazing as ‘Beneath Broken Earth’ is incredible. A PL classic if ever there was one.

Medusa is just dull, unimaginative and forgettable.

Yeah. Album before an instant click.

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
Loving this band - Ignitor , fronted by Jason McMaster (Dangerous Toys). Plenty of Priest worship. Been round for a while but seldom mentioned. This one from 2017’s “Haunted by Rock’n’Roll’ album. They even do a Raven cover on the final track.

Apr 8, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Loving this band - Ignitor , fronted by Jason McMaster (Dangerous Toys). Plenty of Priest worship. Been round for a while but seldom mentioned. This one from 2017’s “Haunted by Rock’n’Roll’ album. They even do a Raven cover on the final track.

Think that would be a ripper live.

Apr 8, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Are you familiar with any of their material? Remind me of RAM a bit the last few releases. The earlier ones not so much. They do a great cover of Fast as a Shark (many have tried, many have failed).

Nah. Heard of them though that is the first song I've listened to. In Sydney on Friday so will see if Utopia has any albums.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Screenshot_20190506-161723_Instagram.jpg
guess who the kid is

SydneyBomber

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
wow great pic! I picked it straight away too - amazing to think where a happy looking kid ended up...
speaking of david vincent, the new vltimas goes alright - sounds a bit like 'covenant' had a baby with 'wolfs lair abyss' on first listen.

having said that, 'total destroy' for a song title is so bad that only a german or eastern euro band should be allowed to use it.
bad grammar like that does my head in!

Apr 8, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
wow great pic! I picked it straight away too - amazing to think where a happy looking kid ended up...
speaking of david vincent, the new vltimas goes alright - sounds a bit like 'covenant' had a baby with 'wolfs lair abyss' on first listen.

having said that, 'total destroy' for a song title is so bad that only a german or eastern euro band should be allowed to use it.
bad grammar like that does my head in!

Good album. I have been enjoying it. Agree re. old mate Jonny too - mental health issues for sure.

Apr 8, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
New ones from AA, GM and Weezer (both albums) picked up yesterday. New Bad Religion picked up today. Also Rotting Christ book arrived today. In Sydney on Friday for Loudness so hopefully Enforcer is in stock at Utopia. AA had a spin this morning in car and I enjoyed it. Weezer played the black album a bit yesterday and also enjoyed it (a change of pace band for me). GM had one spin though it was late and my boy was busy telling me about Fortnite.

Apr 8, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Listening to it today out in the garden. Loved it.

So much decent music from Finland. Real death metal stronghold back in the day. Guess the kids don't play sport they play music (Norway and Sweden too).

Back