Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

why didnt you just go tonight instead of traveling to sydney tomorrow to see them?

Because I love an adventure. Loudness about to start - killer venue here. Dropped a fair bit in Utopia this afternoon and happy to see the new Enforcer was in stock.

ordered a bathory goat t-shirt, been really getting into their stuff, BFD is a bloody good album along with bathory.

Hooded, long sleeve and short sleeve at Utopia. My favourite bm one is UTSOTBM. H for viking Bathory, though BOI not far behind it.

dad said they were pretty good, drummer had a stroke apparently and had to get some new guy to play..

Old drummer died from cancer some years ago from memory. Current drummer been with them for some time. I hope he hasn't had a stroke. Guess I'll find out shortly.

talking to a mate about them, is it true they've only played 3 live concerts all before they released their first album?

That sounds about right. Quorthon played every instrument for most of the albums. In the beginning they were a "band" but that didn't last long. I reckon some of the albums have a drum machine too but it's hard to know a lot about how he did things as he was pretty secretive and sometimes deliberately misleading.

I reckon this video gives a pretty good run down of their history:

That sounds about right. Quorthon played every instrument for most of the albums. In the beginning they were a "band" but that didn't last long. I reckon some of the albums have a drum machine too but it's hard to know a lot about how he did things as he was pretty secretive and sometimes deliberately misleading.

I reckon this video gives a pretty good run down of their history:

i think you're right about the drum machine, some of the drumming in BFD doesnt seem real. and cheers for the vid will certainly give it a watch :thumbsu:

Can't go wrong with any Bathory to be honest. Some pretty unique and different eras, some better than others, but all have their charm. I used to swear by Under the Sign of the Black Mark but these days I think it's between BFD and Hammerheart, depending on my mood.

Currently checking out new Suhnopfer on Spotify. Pretty cool. Some expected Dissection sounding parts without being a total rip off and has it's own charm.

Interesting show. Opened with Crazy Nights. Bass head blows up towards the end of the song and it took circa five minutes or so to fix before Like Hell starts. Like Hell finishes and Akira Takasaki walks off stage. Whole band follows shortly after. Another five minutes and they returned. No idea what happened but it was odd. Thought for a minute he maybe ill. A momentum killer. Rest of show completed with no interuptions. Most of set mixture of songs from Thunder in the East (4) and Hurricane Eyes (5). Knew that would be the case but would have enjoyed a bit more of the metal stuff. Notwithstanding, Takasaki was an absolute beast on the guitar.

Interesting show. Opened with Crazy Nights. Bass head blows up towards the end of the song and it took circa five minutes or so to fix before Like Hell starts. Like Hell finishes and Akira Takasaki walks off stage. Whole band follows shortly after. Another five minutes and they returned. No idea what happened but it was odd. Thought for a minute he maybe ill. A momentum killer. Rest of show completed with no interuptions. Most of set mixture of songs from Thunder in the East (4) and Hurricane Eyes (5). Knew that would be the case but would have enjoyed a bit more of the metal stuff. Notwithstanding, Takasaki was an absolute beast on the guitar.
did they mention the drummer?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

did they mention the drummer?

No, but it definitely wasn't the current studio drummer. I checked MA and the live drummer has been playing live shows since last year. I think stroke is a common issue over there - booze, cigarettes, fried food.

Been listening to Inquisition a fair bit lately, killer band, really consistent across all the albums fav would have to be 'Invoking the Majestic Throne of Satan' start to finish with amazing riffs. Took a bit of needing getting used to their vocals though... but in the end it makes the band stand out with his unique style

I always struggled with Kermit the frog. Despite the charges being dropped I ended up having a pretty good excuse to not try and enjoy them at all.

YEah can understand that. Definitely shady as ****. Thought I read somewhere he escaped going on the sex offenders registry due to specific laws in the state he lives in, whereas he would've been in certain other states. It would really impact the bands ability to tour and tear the bands reputation to shreds if it hasn't already been damaged enough.

Charged and registered or not his reputation is shattered for good. Wouldn't even need those antifa skirts screeching of Nazi, no one would go anyway.

time to wash that shocking display of umpiring (sorry dee) with bathory and death...

Footy is a pretty s**t and uninspiring game. Watch out of habit, don't get too invested and stick to things that you enjoy. I'll take the round ball game any day. At least I don't have to worry about what 'interpretation' of the rules I'll get from the 345364236 umpires like in footy.

Footy is a pretty **** and uninspiring game. Watch out of habit, don't get too invested and stick to things that you enjoy. I'll take the round ball game any day. At least I don't have to worry about what 'interpretation' of the rules I'll get from the 345364236 umpires like in footy.
i just want to see carlton dominate like we used to do a very long time ago, which i didnt get to witness :/ i cant watch any soccer unless its australia in the world cup find it beyond boring, but each to their own

i just want to see carlton dominate like we used to do a very long time ago, which i didnt get to witness :/ i cant watch any soccer unless its australia in the world cup find it beyond boring, but each to their own

I didn't see Richmond fire a shot until my 30s. Some of us are unfortunately dealt a s**t hand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back