Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
very true, but being on the carlton board and hearing people talk about seeing 8 premierships and dominating during the 80s is extremely depressing.

My old man used to tell me about Richmond doing the same 60s and 70s. Seemed like it would never come around again. I remember a good Carlton side in the 90s and probably should have won 99. Everyone gets their turn. Unless you're Hawthorn then you've experienced some pretty lean patches. Could be worse, you could follow Saints or Dees.

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Read that Ulver cancelled a load of shows in the USA due to poor ticket sales. Anyone a fan of his post-Nattens stuff? Is it a case of getting by due to his legacy with the BM scene with Nattens and Bergtatt? Seen them in 2011 or so and the whole audience (seated venue) mainly had metal shirts and the likes for an ambient/experimental type show.

I quit once the metal stopped. Good on him for walking his own path, but not for me. First album is my favourite.

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Yeah, definitely Bergtatt is his best. Was interested to see if his stuff post-Nattens is talked about at all outside of metal scene I guess, considering it seems like most of the interest in his shows and all that are from the metal crowd? Dunno.

Perplexes me too. Thought all the indie/art types would love it.

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mate bought this on the weekend from some trash & treasure store. He paid $2.

f652a8e1f5f7821abcd7cf78e1820ce7.jpg

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
so went to avantasia tonight, 3 and a half hour set bloody amazing somehow managed to get a pick that they were using View attachment 674067

bunch of other lead singers performed with them, jorn lande, bob catley, eric martin, geoff tate and ronnie atkins it was seriously a very entertaining night

Nice get. Did all those singers come over with them? Impressive.

Jun 19, 2018
frankston station
AFL Club
Carlton
so went to avantasia tonight, 3 and a half hour set bloody amazing somehow managed to get a pick that they were using View attachment 674067

bunch of other lead singers performed with them, jorn lande, bob catley, eric martin, geoff tate and ronnie atkins it was seriously a very entertaining night
yeah, in europe they also have michael kiske and a few others travelling with them.

Back