SydneyBomber

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
I didn’t warm to the Akerfeldt material. Old Nick sounds good though. Slightly disturbed. Slightly putrid. Give it a go.
I like the opeth guy (but not really opeth), but really haven't warmed to nick holmes (but dont mind some PL) funnily enough.
Oh, and Tagtren goes well too.

Love this one in particular, have listened to it too many times ha!

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood

This is great.

And as an opening song

Holmes’ sounds positively evil on this. Some were a little taken aback with the vocal approach here, but many of those have warmed to it with the follow-up.

Part of this album’s appeal are the unhinged vocals imo. I get visions of the guy from The Human Centipede Pt 2.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Holmes’ sounds positively evil on this. Some were a little taken aback with the vocal approach here, but many of those have warmed to it with the follow-up.

Part of this album’s appeal are the unhinged vocals imo. I get visions of the guy from The Human Centipede Pt 2.

I like it. His vocals have a lot of character, stage presence very cool too. Not sure why anyone wouldn't dig it.

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
Home all alone and it’s a perfect opportunity to relax and enjoy a change of pace music wise; to sit quietly and really digest some first class musicianship without interruption.

Created a nice little Pink Floyd, Dire Straits & Bruce Springsteen playlist on Spotify. With a pinch of Heart.

Just quality stuff. I could listen to DS & PF for hours on end. It’s easy to get lost.

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Home all alone and it’s a perfect opportunity to relax and enjoy a change of pace music wise; to sit quietly and really digest some first class musicianship without interruption.

Created a nice little Pink Floyd, Dire Straits & Bruce Springsteen playlist on Spotify. With a pinch of Heart.

Just quality stuff. I could listen to DS & PF for hours on end. It’s easy to get lost.

Not sure why but PF never clicks with me. Odd because they are a fair influence on many bands I listen to. DS and the Boss were played here on the weekend. Making Movies and The River.

Really enjoy Heart. Got Little Queen and Dreamboat Annie on LP. Might give them a spin this week some time.

They opened for Def Leppard 7-8 years ago down here. They were amazing ☺

Jun 19, 2018
frankston station
AFL Club
Carlton
1914 cd arrived today. Together with an Isengard longsleeve and another Slayer shirt.
i can understand a few photos, maybe a 10-20 second video to show some friends, but standing there for a whole 2-3 songs recording just blows my mind, just ******* enjoy the show the chances of going back and watching the footage is so bloody low. like you're in the way of anyone behind you trying to watch

Magus

Cancelled
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
i can understand a few photos, maybe a 10-20 second video to show some friends, but standing there for a whole 2-3 songs recording just blows my mind, just ******* enjoy the show the chances of going back and watching the footage is so bloody low. like you're in the way of anyone behind you trying to watch

Especially if you're at the front, you're just using up a spot that could be taken up by someone else who will enjoy the experience more. If you're in the stands, fair enough I guess. It is the reason we get to watch the youtube video at all.

Magus

Cancelled
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
More venues should record and upload the full gig onto YouTube, maybe that could be a win-win.

Saint Vitus bar in NYC does that and I'm always watching their stuff.

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
New Darkthrone...really nice production here. For a 38-minute album it does wander into repetition at times, some songs could've been trimmed of fat it must be said. I don't think this is going to form a staple of my listening habits over the coming years but for now, this goes ok.

Highlights - Alp Man, The Hardship of the Scots and of course the mighty Duke of Gloat.

Back