Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to Knox on a whim today, and walked out with Mayhem - Live in Jessheim, and Live in Sarpsborg (both with the Necrobutcher-Hellhammer-Euronymous-Dead lineup). Also got Ordo ad Chao, Burzum - Filosofem and Vader - The Empire to fill a couple of gaps (more like gaping holes) in the collection.

In the mood for cheese after all that, so Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle Earth came on.

That’s amazing - when I turned up at my mate’s place earlier he had Live in Sarpsborg on.

Soon followed with Immortal ‘Pure Holocaust’.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing wrong with a bit of Gloryhammer from time to time. I saw them live not long after they released Tales from the kingdom of Fife and they were pretty good. Is their latest effort worth listening to?

Yeah enjoying it.

Giving the new Firespwn a chance. Can't remember one song from the first two so listening on Spotify to determine whether I pull the trigger (been told it is good). Hell's Headbangers order just arrived (Morgal, Forgjord and Vargav cds). Good start to the day save for HR suddenly appearing in my office for no reason other than to ask me how my weekend etc was.

Giving the new Firespwn a chance. Can't remember one song from the first two so listening on Spotify to determine whether I pull the trigger (been told it is good). Hell's Headbangers order just arrived (Morgal, Forgjord and Vargav cds). Good start to the day save for HR suddenly appearing in my office for no reason other than to ask me how my weekend etc was.

You wouldn't believe it, but Saturday night @ Shoppo started like this:

After pinching 2 x free bread rolls...we walk to bar -

Mate: "2 x Budweisers please" (turns to me, slams fist on bar and yells out "BUDWEIS)". I knew it was coming...but I still had to laugh.
Bartender: "$18.60 thanks"
Mate: "$9.30 for a Bud now eh?"
Bartender: "Well they're imported so once we import them..the price goes up",
Mate: "You suck...but ok"
So given our brief 'Big Footy imported beer alert conversation' in here on Friday, I turn the bottle round - and politely point out to said Bartender, the Brewed Under Licence in Australia on the label. Not that I gave a rats if its $9.30, but you know, I was ready for these campaigners..
Mate (turning back to bartender triumphantly): " Go grab me a proper Budweiser, you know, the one I'm paying for - the one that's fully imported." Followed by another "BUDWEIS".
Bartender: "No can do. This is it."

Anyway, we drank them and then elected to move onto Gentleman Jack @ $7 a shot. Bargain in anyone's language.

You wouldn't believe it, but Saturday night @ Shoppo started like this:

After pinching 2 x free bread rolls...we walk to bar -

Mate: "2 x Budweisers please" (turns to me, slams fist on bar and yells out "BUDWEIS)". I knew it was coming...but I still had to laugh.
Bartender: "$18.60 thanks"
Mate: "$9.30 for a Bud now eh?"
Bartender: "Well they're imported so once we import them..the price goes up",
Mate: "You suck...but ok"
So given our brief 'Big Footy imported beer alert conversation' in here on Friday, I turn the bottle round - and politely point out to said Bartender, the Brewed Under Licence in Australia on the label. Not that I gave a rats if its $9.30, but you know, I was ready for these campaigners..
Mate (turning back to bartender triumphantly): " Go grab me a proper Budweiser, you know, the one I'm paying for - the one that's fully imported." Followed by another "BUDWEIS".
Bartender: "No can do. This is it."

Anyway, we drank them and then elected to move onto Gentleman Jack @ $7 a shot. Bargain in anyone's language.

Haha. Did they taste like Budweiser? $7 for GJ is decent.

How good are these buskers? Drummer/vocalist is awesome!

Much better than the s**t we are exposed to daily in the Bourke St Mall. Token South American looking blokes with pipe instrument, Japanese bloke playing country music, the black bloke on the bass (he can be amusing), shitty university duos playing JJJ sounding crap etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back