Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Attention Pantera lovers. I bought the first four albums on cd last night ($8 a pop) from a Russian bootlegger on ebay (had some death metal bootlegs that I was after). Watch this space.

OOP albums from various bands always seem to be from Russian or Belarusian sellers. I held off getting a copy of Melissa via this way and paid more for a legit second hand one. Venom - Temples of Ice is another one that's impossible to get any other way.

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
OOP albums from various bands always seem to be from Russian or Belarusian sellers. I held off getting a copy of Melissa via this way and paid more for a legit second hand one. Venom - Temples of Ice is another one that's impossible to get any other way.

Surprised they didn't have TOI as they have PE.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Surprised they didn't have TOI as they have PE.

My first 4 Bathory CDs are from the same source which I purchased 10 or so yeara ago. Sound quality isn't too bad, good packaging. Hard to know how they compare to the real deal. I hear Bathory albums vary from medium to medium and pressing to pressing.

Satyricon - Dark Medieval Times.

I go to this a lot. Early Satyricon is just utter genius. Not just one of the best debuts, but one of the best albums ever made.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond

I go to this a lot. Early Satyricon is just utter genius. Not just one of the best debuts, but one of the best albums ever made.

All time top 10 BM records for me too. Walk the path of sorrow is absolutely brilliant. Also took ages to work the lyrics out when an old band covered it because Satyricon didn't print lyrics in that album.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Perhaps a random question, but how would everyone rank from favourite to least favourite of these early to mid-90's artists from Norway?

Satyricon, Emperor, Darkthrone, Burzum, Mayhem, Gorgoroth and Immortal

Would need to have a long hard think about it but I'd have a horrible time splitting Satyricon, Darkthrone, Emperor and Mayhem.

Perhaps a random question, but how would everyone rank from favourite to least favourite of these early to mid-90's artists from Norway? In terms of output over their career? (Can throw in Ulver if anyone wants to)

Satyricon, Emperor, Darkthrone, Burzum, Mayhem, Gorgoroth and Immortal

Mayhem & Immortal tied for first, Satyricon's first three, Burzum's pre-incarceration, Gorgoroth & Darkthrone tied, Satyricon's subsequent output (I actually do like it), I don't know post-jail Burzum well enough to comment on it.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I love Hvis Lyset Tar Os but Filosofem and Det Som En Gang Var not as much as stuff from the other bands so that was an easy deduction. Live in Leipzig, Deathcrush and De Mysteries Dom Satanas have Mayhem automatic selection, but so do Nightside Eclipse, Dark Medieval Times and Nemesis Divina have the other bands. What a tough question haha.

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns

First two. Gave up with the third one (has its moments but the moment had passed).

Schauermann

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2011
Hamburg
AFL Club
Fremantle
Perhaps a random question, but how would everyone rank from favourite to least favourite of these early to mid-90's artists from Norway? In terms of output over their career? (Can throw in Ulver if anyone wants to)
Early Mayhem and Burzum first. Then Darkthrone, Demo Thorns, Ildjarn, early Emperor.

Actually I am a first Burzum superfan. Det Som En Gang Var is very good, stuff until, Filosofem as well, but all those are shaded by the selftitelt album. Normally only listen to that one.

Back