Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Been going through Venom's first few albums and Vader lately. :thumbsu:

Venom are it for me. I remember getting At War With Satan & Welcome to Hell and believing I was part of an unholy alliance of devil worshippers. As sloppy as they were, they were evil incarnate. Like Bathory & Celtic Frost, to me they are in the top half dozen most influential metal bands of all time. I hate to sound like an ‘old guy’ but younguns don’t appreciate how important they were.

The Ultimate Incantation goes alright.

My old man bought this cassette back in the day. The music industry have always been such crooks.

20190824_174526.jpeg

Had to get through a ton of housework today (stuff that I only do every 3-4 months cos it takes all weekend), and gave myself a break from Gorgoroth.

Ratt - Out of the Cellar.
Skid Row - s/t.
Sodom - The Final Sign of Evil.
Iron Maiden -The Final Frontier.

Bit of variation on a Sunday afternoon.

Eclipse - Monumentum. fu** if they are one of those bands who play it louder and harder live they could be a real sleeper for a huge show. Really decent Euro style hard rock.

Hell yes. This album is great. Updated show(s). Saturday headliner still to be confirmed.

30b55d4b3db4a260bb64ec06c3b651df.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw Devildriver on Sunday night at billboards, not sure whether the crowd were mild because the gig was mild or vice versa. Didn't hit nearly the same level they did 7 odd years ago when they toured with Lamb of God and Shadowsfall. Plus a really short setlist as well, only 13 songs and a bit under an hour set time.

Saw Devildriver on Sunday night at billboards, not sure whether the crowd were mild because the gig was mild or vice versa. Didn't hit nearly the same level they did 7 odd years ago when they toured with Lamb of God and Shadowsfall. Plus a really short setlist as well, only 13 songs and a bit under an hour set time.

Not a fan at all, but seen them twice before, opening for Fear Factory and Megadeth. Both times I remember thinking that I wished I was a fan, as they were very good live. Surprises me to hear they disappointed at their own show.

Stinker if you ask me. Not a single redeeming feature.

The second half of the opening track (the actual The Final Frontier) and El Dorado are worthwhile, there's a couple of good moments sprinkled throughout, and Where The Wild Blows is also fine, but going back to it after a very long time (listened to it a few times after release), I realised that time hasn't been kind. El Dorado would be the only track I'd want live.

The second half of the opening track (the actual The Final Frontier) and El Dorado are worthwhile, there's a couple of good moments sprinkled throughout, and Where The Wild Blows is also fine, but going back to it after a very long time (listened to it a few times after release), I realised that time hasn't been kind. El Dorado would be the only track I'd want live.

Out of courtesy, I’m listening now in my office. My memory of this is that the whole thing is a giant steaming turd. Makes No Prayer for the Dying sound good. I’m one song in James......May not last.

Out of courtesy, I’m listening now in my office. My memory of this is that the whole thing is a giant steaming turd. Makes No Prayer for the Dying sound good. I’m one song in James......May not last.

Eh? It destroys NPFTD with the Talisman alone.

I'm ****ing pumped for Metal Church tonight and tomorrow. The current setlist looks good, though only one from the debut (Beyond the Black, obviously).

The pair of them are, to me, equal in their awfulness. The musical equivalent of Jason Takes Manhattan & Jason X.

Jason Takes Manhattan was a huge letdown - WTF were they thinking? Part 6 was pretty decent, but to follow up with that turd of a film. FMD.

Pretty sure I saw Jason X at a cinema and it was even worse than Jason Takes Manhattan.

I'm ****ing pumped for Metal Church tonight and tomorrow. The current setlist looks good, though only one from the debut (Beyond the Black, obviously).

I am there tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back