Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

They don't have the vinyl for Age of Excuse yet, so I'll have a gap in my collection until they release it. Gives me an excuse to shop again because I was thinking about the Kriegsmaschine hoodie. Instead grabbed the Age of Excuse CD, shirt, the other Mgla hoodie that I don't have (with No Solace on the front), and the Kriegsmaschine patch because they were out of that last time.

geoff tate is touring for anyone interested

If it was 1989 I might have been excited.

While being one of the absolute best vocalists from the 80's (coming in close behind Midnight from Crimson Glory) The guy sucks now and he seems like a massive prick.

New Bastard Grave arrived. Nothing new but I enjoy it.
eh? Seriously. You two should sit in the corner facing the wall until you do.

They aren't much better than me eh? Haha. The self titled EP is good - glad I purchased it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any fans of 80's Dutch band Angus on this board? Definitely an underrated cool band. Here's a couple of tracks

Also those album covers are manly as *.

Operation - Mindcrime should be taught in schools. One of the greatest albums ever made, maybe the greatest concept album, at least IMO.

Was thinking of Cradle of Filth tonight, but seeing two vastly superior bands in Dark Funeral and Immolation tomorrow, so going to Collingwood-Geelong instead.

As we all are. However, to throw them in with the hair metal bunch would be your first mistake. Nowhere near it.

I wasn't calling them glam metal, I just mean anything with big hair which for me covers heavy metal, hair metal and power metal. Everything 80s that isn't thrash, basically.

I wasn't calling them glam metal, I just mean anything with big hair which for me covers heavy metal, hair metal and power metal. Everything 80s that isn't thrash, basically.

04f05f079984011b6a15e47619176cd6.jpg

Everything was ‘big hair’ back then.

04f05f079984011b6a15e47619176cd6.jpg

Everything was ‘big hair’ back then.

Like I said, I'm picky.

To me, Morbid Tales - To Mega Therion is gold. Pandemonium was the beginning of the end.

Likewise a band like Priest - the 70s was amazing but you can throw Turbo in the bin. Even Defenders of the Faith was pushing it.

If it has spandex, teased hair and operatic vocals then there's a strong chance I don't love it. I prefer the ethos of the bay area bands at the time which took a more street approach - basically what you were off stage if what you wear on it and the music is a reflection of that.

Like this?

fa84761b715936ece0f41f3c1a5f0d3e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A bit of effeminate pouting going on there but I'll have to listen to before passing too much judgement. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back