Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Just got back from the CJ Ramone show. Was a great set. Knew his tour was quite long (15 shows country wide and he kicked it off in Cairns) but didn't know that he was playing the Tote next Sunday (was Croxton tonight). Might go back.

New Atlantean Kodex is absolutely sublime, argument for AOTY.

Was outside on my own for 6 hours yesterday and played this through in its entirety with no interruptions. Decent enough. Certainly getting very good reviews but I’m not sure it’s any better than a dozen albums I’ve heard this year. I do enjoy the guy on vocals; and the Bathory influence.

Last edited:

My favourite release so far this year, lost the charm it held over me though, reckon I had it in the car too long

A lot of it sounds pretty generic for me and it's just not clicking, but then it has moments that pull me right in. Been a pretty strong year of black metal releases though. Just waiting on Blut Aus Nord to top it off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good jam tonight. Everything is starting to come together. Still trying to zero in on our sound but overall it's headng towards Watain. Covering Watain - Devil's Blood probably enforces this. Hopefully will have a demo soon. Not sure if we'll record just one tune or a few. Need to polish them off first and our vocalist will have to phone in his parts as he's still living in Perth and won't be moving over for a little while.

Latest Misthyrming is slowly growing on me

Cheers for this, im loving it at work this week.

Good jam tonight. Everything is starting to come together. Still trying to zero in on our sound but overall it's headng towards Watain. Covering Watain - Devil's Blood probably enforces this. Hopefully will have a demo soon. Not sure if we'll record just one tune or a few. Need to polish them off first and our vocalist will have to phone in his parts as he's still living in Perth and won't be moving over for a little while.

Out of curiosity, mind if I ask who the vocalist is?

Cheers for this, im loving it at work this week.

Out of curiosity, mind if I ask who the vocalist is?

His name is Josh. Is in a couple Perth bands currently. I believe one is with the drummer from Furor, and he was filling in guitar for Advent Sorrow recently for their Euro shows. Not sure if that was temp or if he's still doing it. He was planning a band with the other guitarist in our band in Perth. Guitarist since moved to Melbourne, and drummer moved from Perth a few years ago but not sure who he was playing with there as I'm not really familar with the Perth stuff. For now our vocalist is just working long distance while we send him rehearsal recordings from a phone and Guitar Pro tabs. When we record he'll do them from over there and will fly in for any gigs until hopefully he shifts over full time. Whenever that might be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back