Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Big night on the Chivas Regal for Dee. Came home with a goldfish. Not 100% sure how that came about.

As long as you got home with your credit cards still in the wallet, no serious damage to the bank account and no time outs along the way at either the cop shop or hospital, you're doing ok. Haha.

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
White Lion - Pride this morning on way to Kino to see Joke (cracking film). Only started listening to them this year as had them written off as another utensil rock band. Actually have some decent songs and a ripping guitarist. Lady of the Valley the standout track.

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
White Lion - Pride this morning on way to Kino to see Joke (cracking film). Only started listening to them this year as had them written off as another utensil rock band. Actually have some decent songs and a ripping guitarist. Lady of the Valley the standout track.

Nice album. Mike Tramp lived in Tasmania for a few years.

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
As long as you got home with your credit cards still in the wallet, no serious damage to the bank account and no time outs along the way at either the cop shop or hospital, you're doing ok. Haha.

lol. Plenty of experience in that advice no doubt. I remember bringing the fish home I just don’t recall how I got it.

Schism

Hostis Humani Generis
Aug 21, 2007
Yasmin Lee's house
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea
What's the current car?

hah, hi man

A Holden Director, number 174, rolled off the line 2 weeks before Holdens closed down. (i worked there 2003-2010)

and a very boring but very nice 328 msport highline, which i got for the missus, who i broke up with 6 weeks ago, now i'm stuck with it. But it is a nice run around for sure

That has to be the most random thing to bring home. Sounds like The Hangover.

I got absolutely written off at Watain earlier this year; I only have flashes of the gig in my memory, and do remember that I had a great time though.

I'm walking home, and do the whole check my pockets thing. Glasses (obviously I take them off and put them in their case before getting into a moshpit), keys in one pocket, then on the other side, wallet, phone, second phone...WHAT?!?!

I get home, put everything in its place, have a shower and go to bed. I wake up to an unfamiliar message tone, and it comes back to me. This random phone wasn't a drunken dream.

So, I get up and think what the best thing to do is. I've got no idea where this phone came from, but I think that I probably picked it up on the train, and so head over to Ferntree Gully station to hand it in.

Whoever it was, I just hope they had the find my phone app on another device. Either that, or they would've had to get a new phone, but considering it was a cheap Kogan, if that's the case I probably did the person a favour.

The whole thing was just strange. I'm used to losing phones after getting on it, not finding them.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I got absolutely written off at Watain earlier this year; I only have flashes of the gig in my memory, and do remember that I had a great time though.

I'm walking home, and do the whole check my pockets thing. Glasses (obviously I take them off and put them in their case before getting into a moshpit), keys in one pocket, then on the other side, wallet, phone, second phone...WHAT?!?!

I get home, put everything in its place, have a shower and go to bed. I wake up to an unfamiliar message tone, and it comes back to me. This random phone wasn't a drunken dream.

So, I get up and think what the best thing to do is. I've got no idea where this phone came from, but I think that I probably picked it up on the train, and so head over to Ferntree Gully station to hand it in.

Whoever it was, I just hope they had the find my phone app on another device. Either that, or they would've had to get a new phone, but considering it was a cheap Kogan, if that's the case I probably did the person a favour.

The whole thing was just strange. I'm used to losing phones after getting on it, not finding them.

I've been drunk once in about the last 8 or more years, so glad that none of these things will happen to me.

I'm trying not to do it for gigs anymore though, I'm sick of missing an experience I was looking forward to even though I was there.

A mate of mine took ecstasy at Dark Funeral/Immolation. Not really the appropriate environment. He spent the whole gig grinning at me at patting me on the back; I was getting quite annoyed.

Still, Dee's story with the goldfish is just mint. Don't know how he explains to his kids where their beloved new pet came from.

Apparently I won the goldfish from a magician. Makes sense. It's all good though - all set up at home now ($70 for a tank though).

When I have nights like that, I prefer to leave the memory blanks in place. If I don't remember it, I don't want to and I don't ask. I don't even check my bank statement for the ATMs/EFTPOS of where I've been.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
When I have nights like that, I prefer to leave the memory blanks in place. If I don't remember it, I don't want to and I don't ask. I don't even check my bank statement for the ATMs/EFTPOS of where I've been.

Tap and go is dangerous. When I first started going out I'd just take out $60 cash and that would be enough to get drunk on. And if it wasn't, I was at least far enough along that I wouldn't be hitting an ATM.

Jun 19, 2018
frankston station
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm trying not to do it for gigs anymore though, I'm sick of missing an experience I was looking forward to even though I was there.

A mate of mine took ecstasy at Dark Funeral/Immolation. Not really the appropriate environment. He spent the whole gig grinning at me at patting me on the back; I was getting quite annoyed.

Still, Dee's story with the goldfish is just mint. Don't know how he explains to his kids where their beloved new pet came from.
holy s**t, thats the guy i saw in the ******* pit even mentioned it on the night after the concert hahahahaha

some guy was gacked as fu** in the pit, and one guy came prepared and had a mouth guard was pretty funny

never thought caps would be a good idea for a metal concert

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
I've been playing the s**t out of Harakiri for the Sky's "Arson" album lately. Who introduced these guys to me here? SELFCONFESSEDAFLNERD...??
Yeah that was probably me or Dylan8. From memory he was a big fan too. They were one of the finds of the past 2-3 years for me, "Arson" is pure brilliance.

Back