Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

So quick update from the Bucks night. Was a fun night, had a great time. Minor street-nudity but pretty tame all up. One 'highlight' for the Metal Thread as there was a fair metal crew on the night, quite a few guys in bands and so forth.

We got talking to a couple of the guys who's current band I've seen and frankly they suck. Horrible Creed rip-off. Terrible in the 90's - even worse now. So to all who would listen they announce that they had a new focus - "kinda progish-black metal" he says. Can you imagine?

Dee: "With those Silverchair/Creed clean vocals you use during the proggy bits?"

Dude: "Yeah....It will blow your mind, so complex".

Dee: "Its already blown my mind".

Dee: "How does the black metal influence come through? What type of black metal bands are you channeling?"

Dude: "think Opeth.......". :oops:

I could tell we were talking with a seasoned metal veteran at this stage, so I let it go. And it’s not like I’ve ever had the guts to be in a band. He was a cool guy all the same and great fun. All in all a good night, and I know you were all hanging out to hear about it.

Last edited:
Just got back from a trip to NW Highlands, Isle of Skye, Glencoe, Ben Nevis areas. So unreal up there. Scenery is beyond beautiful. Planning on going again next year though, cause it was bucketing down the entire time on Skye so there was a lot of mist so didn't get good views of Quiraing and Old Man of Storr which is the main reason I went for. Ah well.

Uploaded some photos if anyone is interested.

There's some neat looking Saor album covers in that bunch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obituary tickets are out now. playing a full Cause of Death set list.

Soundworks are ******* pricks. They just don't bring anything to Adelaide anymore and dont respond to any queries. Over it.

Is there anyone more cringey than Robb Flynn?

Is there anyone more cringey than Robb Flynn?

Glorious. Quite enjoyable reading A-Grade dummy spits actually. The song itself however, is deplorable.

Last edited:
Magus I reckon you’d really enjoy this little known gem from the 90s. It’s a shame they broke up before this was released. Whole album is fantastic.

You're not wrong, I dig it. What's their background story?

You're not wrong, I dig it. What's their background story?

Hard to pin down. Started out with a heavy 90s sound & obvious hardcore influences. Check the song below from the debut. Completely changes from about 1min 38 sec into an amazing hardcore inspired riff fest.

Sound changed a bit for the 2nd (and final) album into more sabbath inspired metal you hear on the song I posted above. No one really heard about them before they broke up, until Shadows Fall covered them and people realised how good they could have been. Main songwriter died unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back