Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
Could be considered a bit of a ‘cash grab’.....

541ed8fce865117d06a682f374d9c923.jpg

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Yup got the special edition. Tracking says it landed in the UK yesterday so hopefully arrives before the weekend is here.

I haven't even checked if I got tracking with mine. I haven't had great experiences from France or Germany (the absolute worst) to Australia though so I'm assuming 2-3 weeks. Stuff arrives faster from Poland of all places!

Pacman82

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SMFC | Celtics
Fair drop off after the first two, but they are all solid IMO. If you don't like the first two anymore, I wouldn't bother. I think COD is one of the greatest death metal albums. So many riffs, the vocals and of course, James Murphy.
Might just be the newer s**t that put me off, I’ll dig up both albums & stick them in the car...
CC BAB + EB2L playing on there now!

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Wolverine Blues.

Actually the first Entombed album I ever owned and it always kicks me right in the guts. Think I bought the Hollowman EP first and then grabbed this.

It's great stuff. That opening riff and when the drums come in is classic.

I really do like some death metal bands getting rocky in the mid 90s. Honourable mentions to Gorefest and Carcass.

Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
It's great stuff. That opening riff and when the drums come in is classic.

I really do like some death metal bands getting rocky in the mid 90s. Honourable mentions to Gorefest and Carcass.

I saw carcass in Edinburgh in 95 . Awesome gig . The fans actually went nuts and I remember this one Scottish lass just shaking the s**t out of a handrail. Pure emotional release. Great year by the way .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

SydneyBomber

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
Am hearing obituary tour in jan almost a sellout already - wonder if they'll consider moving shows to larger venues?
Crowbar in sydney is pretty small (but great spot)
Obituary sydney show moved to the metro theatre, much bigger due to selling our much earlier than thought.

From a selfish perspective it would have been great seeing them at a smaller venue, but makes sense

Schism

Hostis Humani Generis
Aug 21, 2007
Yasmin Lee's house
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea
I've been out of the loop a year or 3 really. I acquired the last 2 Teitanblood albums (have Seven Chalices on vinyl), and man, what happened to them? They literally just 2 more Proclamation albums. Not that theres anything wrong with that, but why bother being Teitanblood at all, just release the albums as Proclamation. It's all the same members anyway innit?

Back