Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Jun 19, 2018
frankston station
AFL Club
Carlton
Where's the show?
1575773831611.png

playing with desecrator, the band that opened for metal church, vexation which are pretty good, and direblaze i havent seen before.

So jealous. 😪
They’ll be back. First ever tour, but Kirk said that they’ve been blown away at how many fans they have here after playing the 3 shows.

I liked Encircling Sea, who opened for Crowbar (missed the very first band, though). Pretty sure I've seen them before, but can't remember who they would have been opening for. They play that Atmospheric Hardcore style, like Cult of Luna. It's not something I listen to a lot, but it does make for a nice change when I do, and Encircling Sea play it as well as anyone.

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
They’ll be back. First ever tour, but Kirk said that they’ve been blown away at how many fans they have here after playing the 3 shows.

Never paid attention to them but that's good news. Glad a fanbase and a band got to enjoy that.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Yup Rangers. And it does get boring with Celtic always winning. Makes it worse when Rangers completely thumped them today, should've been 4 or 5 nil up after 60 minutes. Then they score with the only shot they had on target for the entire match from a player that was offside. Then a few minutes after the goal they concede a penalty and have a player sent off. Of course their keeper saves the penalty.... Even if we won I wouldn't have argued against their keeper winning MOTM, he wasn't human out there. It was so ridiculous how one-sided it was today, against our biggest rival and they walk away with an undeserved 0-1 win and the trophy. Complete nightmare.

Reminds me of the A League game yesterday with Melb Victory v Western United. Victory had all the play, balls into box, passes, shots, for only one goal. United's keeper turned into Neuer and our defence fell apart allowing them to score 3 from only 4 chances.

I laugh a bit at Celtic. They bully the SPL then get bundled out of CL every year when they face the big boys. Wish Rogic would leave them too. Had the chance to be Australia's best player but he's stagnating there without any real competition. He should be in the prem. Mooy has taken his game to another level in only his second season of EPL.

Speaking of champs league, need Barca to beat inter. Come on BVB.

I liked Encircling Sea, who opened for Crowbar (missed the very first band, though). Pretty sure I've seen them before, but can't remember who they would have been opening for. They play that Atmospheric Hardcore style, like Cult of Luna. It's not something I listen to a lot, but it does make for a nice change when I do, and Encircling Sea play it as well as anyone.
Droid was the first band, very stoner/doom.

Encircling sea had a wall of white noise early in their mix which turned me off them for half of their set.

Schauermann

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2011
Hamburg
AFL Club
Fremantle
NIFELHEIM!!! Total destruction. Btw my first time being not drunk. Probably would have been even greater with booze.

At the Gates boring. Had "The Red in the Sky is Ours" on earlier today, but it is not the same nowadays. Left after a few songs.

HotSausage69

Premium Platinum
Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
NIFELHEIM!!! Total destruction. Btw my first time being not drunk. Probably would have been even greater with booze.

At the Gates boring. Had "The Red in the Sky is Ours" on earlier today, but it is not the same nowadays. Left after a few songs.
Going to see them on Tuesday... Kinda disappointing to hear about At the Gates, they are who I am mostly excited to see but I'll go in with an open mind.
Smashed this song so much back in the day

Schauermann

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2011
Hamburg
AFL Club
Fremantle
Going to see them on Tuesday... Kinda disappointing to hear about At the Gates, they are who I am mostly excited to see but I'll go in with an open mind.
Smashed this song so much back in the day

I am only into the early stuff. Not much into Saughter and later. Being more open minded will surely help.

And Nifelheim are among my top 3 livebands of all time. So nobody will looks good after them.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Giving Mastodon a go for really the first time ever properly. Late to the party would be an understatement.

I think I prefer the newer stuff.

Back