Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Giving Mastodon a go for really the first time ever properly. Late to the party would be an understatement.

I think I prefer the newer stuff.

Crack the Skye my favourite album from them, but Blood and Thunder probably my top song.

I’ve given Mastodon a number of chances and they’ve never appealed. But weirdly, I tried Once More Round the Sun (not sure why) and I love it. Not sure how it’s viewed by Mastodon aficionados? in terms of their overall catalogue but it’s great.

Carcass stand alone shows. Almost too many shows in a short space of time at this rate.

808dca1ec25a24f58d51b07c0511b55b.jpg

Was hoping for a seperate Melb show.

808dca1ec25a24f58d51b07c0511b55b.jpg

Was hoping for a seperate Melb show.

Not shocked. Reckon they are really misreading the play on this - not too many are gonna want to drop $200 for Download for Carcass and Testament given the remainder of the line up is so bad. Reckon the Tasmania show is tempting.

I’ve given Mastodon a number of chances and they’ve never appealed. But weirdly, I tried Once More Round the Sun (not sure why) and I love it. Not sure how it’s viewed by Mastodon aficionados? in terms of their overall catalogue but it’s great.
Also love that album, 'Halloween' absolutely rips! Didn't dig The Hunter or Emperor of Sand too much though

Postman with a surprise. In my last No Solace order a couple months ago I ordered a Kriegsmaschine patch but apparently it was out of stock. They said they'd send it later but I wasn't sweating on it. It was only $5 and they chucked in a Mgla patch I assume to make up for it. Today the KSM patch arrived. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's a bit trendy at the moment, but am enjoying the new blood incantation.
Great mix of morbid angel (early) and disincarnate (james murphy, theres a blast from the past!) + the 'moody/mellow' bits rounding it out too.

Production sounds 90's too which is a nice change to the cookie-cutter approach so many bands are using these days

Went out and voted SNP today, now got som Left Hand Path by Entombed on. :thumbsu:

Are you a leave or remainer? Obviously Scotland has its own priorities but from the outside looking in at the bigger picture, Corbyn looks dangerous and would try to turn the UK into the UK SSR. I saw something on news here last night that our government has been advised to consider limits of intelligence sharing should Corbyn win.

I'll be honest, I'm not really all that politically clued up, I just know Boris is Trump 2.0 and will 100% sell off the NHS and our healthcare system will end up being bought out and run by Americans who'll exploit it for profit. Currently I'd rather remain to protect it, but in an ideal world I'd rather Scotland was independant and had a similar set up and run like Norway for example. Seems like polling stations in UK have been completely overrun (lot of older people saying it's the busiest they've ever seen) by young voters who're overwhelmingly labour, so you never know, but my lack of faith in democracy says Tories will win anyway and the country will go down the absolute shitter.

Definitely interesting when it involves nations within nations and I guess unless you're a actually there it's hard to understand. It looks like northern Ireland is the most complicated of all the UK and Brexit implications. Even as someone who backs the conservative leaders globally I find Boris the most unlikable. Just had a look and early reports are a Tory landslide? It's the same story everywhere imo. Corbyn sounds simply unelectable. Unless these left leaning parties find their way back towards the centre then the everyday worker is not going to vote for them, no matter how angry and vocal mainstream media, celebrities and Twitter get. I can't wait for the Trump 2020 meltdown.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back