Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Spear EP I was on is getting a vinyl rerelease.

Edit: actually it's already out

More edit: crap, I don't think they take PayPal. I can't even message the SoL FB page because for some reason I'm an admin of it. Now have to try and get in touch with Glen for the first time in years.

Last edited:

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
The commentary from Sodom was that they regretted ‘his’ decision. Must be personal circumstances/reasons I’d think. Not the worst thing to happen to the band I’d suggest. He seemed a little ‘off’ at times in the videos I saw.

Last edited:

Schauermann

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2011
Hamburg
AFL Club
Fremantle
The commentary from Sodom was that they regretted ‘his’ decision. Must be personal circumstances/reasons I’d think. Not the worst thing to happen to the band I’d suggest. He seemed a little ‘off’ at times in the videos I saw.
I liked the whole new Lineup. Because they were off at times. In the Sign of Evil Songs don't work with perfect play.

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
First day back at work. 7am alarm. Got up at 9.50am.

Started back this week too and got greeted with a truck load of overtime. Now it feels like I never left for a Christmas break.

Started a week ago. Black Metal Fridays formalised as standard Company practice for 2020.

Last edited:

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
It says that plus some other reasons. Wonder if health or Angelripper.

Angelripper is a control freak. That's the only reason for the revolving door of musicians over the years.
Not that there's anything massively wrong with that, some of my favourites are.

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Angelripper is a control freak. That's the only reason for the revolving door of musicians over the years.
Not that there's anything massively wrong with that, some of my favourites are.

Yeah. I'd imagine he lives off Sodom and everyone else gets a wage of sorts. Probably fun at first but after a while the return for the time investment probably isn't equitable. Have to check songwriting credits but it wouldn't shock if he limited creative input solely to protect royalty streams. No problem with it either as it is his band and one of my favourite bands too.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Yeah. I'd imagine he lives off Sodom and everyone else gets a wage of sorts. Probably fun at first but after a while the return for the time investment probably isn't equitable. Have to check songwriting credits but it wouldn't shock if he limited creative input solely to protect royalty streams. No problem with it either as it is his band and one of my favourite bands too.

Financially but I think creatively too. If you watch the Lords of Depravity DVD you'd notice a bunch of guys get fired after a couple of albums and weren't really sure why. I think he likes to keep it fresh with each album, a bit like Chuck and Death.
I was glad when that drummer Bobby got the boot though, he was a dick when I met them drinking at the German bar in Sydney on that Australian tour haha.

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
Financially but I think creatively too. If you watch the Lords of Depravity DVD you'd notice a bunch of guys get fired after a couple of albums and weren't really sure why. I think he likes to keep it fresh with each album, a bit like Chuck and Death.
I was glad when that drummer Bobby got the boot though, he was a dick when I met them drinking at the German bar in Sydney on that Australian tour haha.

Band members Dee has met that were total knobs in real life: Mustaine (arrogant w***er); Kerry King (obnoxious tool of the absolute highest order).

Band members Dee met who were incredibly genuine and cool: Lizzy Borden (amazingly nice); Jacoby Shaddix (super friendly even borrowed my mate’s hat to wear onstage); Rob Dukes & Tom Hunting.

Band members Dee met who had no *en idea what their name was: Ozzy (mentally incompetent would be too kind). Weekend at Bernie’s levels of human movement and coherence. God Bless him.

Band members Dee has met that were total knobs in real life: Mustaine (arrogant w***er); Kerry King (obnoxious tool of the absolute highest order).

Band members Dee met who were incredibly genuine and cool: Lizzy Borden (amazingly nice); Jacoby Shaddix (super friendly even borrowed my mate’s hat to wear onstage); Rob Dukes & Tom Hunting.

Band members Dee met who had no fu**en idea what their name was: Ozzy (mentally incompetent would be too kind). Weekend at Bernie’s levels of human movement and coherence. God Bless him.

Megadeth and Slayer were my favourite bands growing up, but I've always got that "don't meet your heroes" vibe (Araya and Ellefson would probably be cool though). I get the feeling with Mustaine and King that it'd be like how I am with Dunstall and S. Mitchell in a footy sense, actually meeting them would ruin it for me.

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
Megadeth and Slayer were my favourite bands growing up, but I've always got that "don't meet your heroes" vibe (Araya and Ellefson would probably be cool though). I get the feeling with Mustaine and King that it'd be like how I am with Dunstall and S. Mitchell in a footy sense, actually meeting them would ruin it for me.

Yes, kinda agree. I’ve not met too many I’d consider ‘heroes’. Lizzy Borden is the one I’m happiest about. Not the highest profile going around but I’ve always loved the band and he was so genuinely interested to talk to me, was about 20 minutes of general conversation. Wasn’t at a gig or anything so he had all the time in the world.

Back