Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Soccer for me was one of those things that when it finally clicked I fell in love with it. Tried for years but couldn't get into it, then I married into an Italian family so got some decent exposure. Once you start getting familiar with the league's, teams, players and tactics it all makes sense. I think it's easier for footy fans to get into than those who come from other sports because it's a pretty fluid game. The lack of scoring gets many at first, but it's just a different mindset. Scoring typically comes from a defence that breaks so it's more who blinks first. To be honest it's starting to ruin footy for me because it's looking more and more like basketball with just end to end meaningless scores.

Jun 19, 2018
frankston station
AFL Club
Carlton
Soccer for me was one of those things that when it finally clicked I fell in love with it. Tried for years but couldn't get into it, then I married into an Italian family so got some decent exposure. Once you start getting familiar with the league's, teams, players and tactics it all makes sense. I think it's easier for footy fans to get into than those who come from other sports because it's a pretty fluid game. The lack of scoring gets many at first, but it's just a different mindset. Scoring typically comes from a defence that breaks so it's more who blinks first. To be honest it's starting to ruin footy for me because it's looking more and more like basketball with just end to end meaningless scores.
jeez, pretty s**t time for you to fall out of love with footy.

Pacman82

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SMFC | Celtics
They bought Melbourne Heart and turned them into Melbourne City. It has done nothing really. We have a salary cap to try and keep things level but they have still been able to bring in some better internationals than they could as Heart, but it hasn't resulted in anything. Their support hasn't grown, in fact they've stagnated. Melbourne Victory are the main one in town and biggest in terms of support in the league. Since selling out Heart/City don't represent anything anymore, in fact the new team Western United (based out of western Melbourne) already have more of an identity than City. We're (victory supporters) are copping it a bit from City at the moment because we're having an uncharacteristically s**t season and they're travelling ok, but I highly doubt they'll win any silverware so nothing lost.

I don't know why because I don't actually have an EPL team (it would be Norwich if they could stay there) but I get a kick out of watching English sides getting smashed in CL. I follow the Bundesliga and Dortmund and we've drawn bloody PSG ffs.
Heart were a pathetic organization, many involved weren't even association football people, just AIS types. Since the take over City's made finals each year & haven't finished below 5th spot, 2nd on the table now, they're clearly making in roads on field. Sponsorship wise they appear to be making out better than most AFL teams.. Not sure what Heart's membership was but they're are 12,000 atm. MVFC's gone to s**t this year, I can't even stomach watching them anymore!

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Heart were a pathetic organization, many involved weren't even association football people, just AIS types. Since the take over City's made finals each year & haven't finished below 5th spot, 2nd on the table now, they're clearly making in roads on field. Sponsorship wise they appear to be making out better than most AFL teams.. Not sure what Heart's membership was but they're are 12,000 atm. MVFC's gone to s**t this year, I can't even stomach watching them anymore!

They aren't appealing to anyone though. They brought in guys like Cahill and David Villa and it hasn't turned into bums in seats, memberships, and are yet to win any meaningful silverware. Increased bank account meant they could get better players and be better on field but they don't represent anybody. They're still clinging onto the same anti-Victory types and those who just like to back an underdog. Despite the oil cash they'll be the third team in Melbourne in the not too distant future as at least Western represent a region and demographic.

Agree that we're s**t this year. Need a massive turn over at the top of the club. Makes me sick to see Sydney successfully transition managers and list.

Pacman82

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SMFC | Celtics
They aren't appealing to anyone though. They brought in guys like Cahill and David Villa and it hasn't turned into bums in seats, memberships, and are yet to win any meaningful silverware. Increased bank account meant they could get better players and be better on field but they don't represent anybody. They're still clinging onto the same anti-Victory types and those who just like to back an underdog. Despite the oil cash they'll be the third team in Melbourne in the not too distant future as at least Western represent a region and demographic.

Agree that we're s**t this year. Need a massive turn over at the top of the club. Makes me sick to see Sydney successfully transition managers and list.
Yeah I'll be going for City against Sydney if it comes down to it. I thought City being being based in the northern suburbs would have a following around there? There will be a team SE Melb team based around Dandenong soon too I reckon.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah I'll be going for City against Sydney if it comes down to it. I thought City being being based in the northern suburbs would have a following around there? There will be a team SE Melb team based around Dandenong soon too I reckon.

Not sure what is happening with the Dandenong bid now that Western are in. If they were further out west then maybe not so bad. They're only at Geelong until their stadium at Tarneit is done. Of course NSW are getting MacArthur next season but I can't see the Nix staying in the comp long term so who knows who will take that license. I'm tipping Canberra at this stage.

Jun 19, 2018
frankston station
AFL Club
Carlton
181BDDFC-D55B-4672-A4B9-28D27F818019.jpeg

mgla?

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
New Dawn of Solace out (14 year wait) and its 90% clean vocals. Very impressed..Finish gloom and doom seldom disappoints.
New Annihilator a pleasant surprise too, in that its actually pretty good. No ballads just riffs. Lets face it, Annihilator are for fans only at this point.
Anyone listen to new WOLF track? Highly enjoyable imo.

Back