Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

I switch between this and RTL as my fav. Each time I play it I am amazed at its magnitude, yet I gravitate back to RTL all the time.
Escape is what brings RTL down imo and the only reason I have MoP ahead of it. Replace Escape with a song the equivalent of anything else on the album and I doubt I could split RTL and MoP.

Already at Rod Laver. Got a row 4 seat so pumped. So are the few middle aged blokes I have already seen donning 'the make up'.

Just got here, grabbed some food from the food court before I go in. Saw a few of the makeups as well. Don't mind the shirt I bought

Pretty sure I said something similar during last year's Download, but Airbourne may not be the sort of thing I really listen to, but **** me they are spectacular live.

Cannibal Corpse & Forbidden Evil in the garage then goin to Alice Cooper
An Alice Cooper moment in my life that always take me back....

Was 17 and went to the pub for my last illegal drinks with mates. Was a work night so not too late. Got home after midnight and while getting ready for bed I cranked I'm Eighteen.

The old man came rumbling down the hall and opened the door as Alice sings "I'm a boy and I'm a man. I'm 18 and I like it."

He tells me quite sternly with an angry but sort of funny look to "turn that s**t off, I'll be back and we'll have words". He came back with 2 beers and he had his first legal beer with his newly adult son. Him in his dad PJs, me in a pair of boxers, talking s**t at 1am-ish and having a brew.

After the beers he says in a more relaxed tone than when he came in 15 minutes earlier "now go to sleep and don't try that s**t when you get home again".

It was just a cool moment between father and son and any mention of Alice or that song takes me back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An Alice Cooper moment in my life that always take me back....

Was 17 and went to the pub for my last illegal drinks with mates. Was a work night so not too late. Got home after midnight and while getting ready for bed I cranked I'm Eighteen.

The old man came rumbling down the hall and opened the door as Alice sings "I'm a boy and I'm a man. I'm 18 and I like it."

He tells me quite sternly with an angry but sort of funny look to "turn that s**t off, I'll be back and we'll have words". He came back with 2 beers and he had his first legal beer with his newly adult son. Him in his dad PJs, me in a pair of boxers, talking s**t at 1am-ish and having a brew.

After the beers he says in a more relaxed tone than when he came in 15 minutes earlier "now go to sleep and don't try that s**t when you get home again".

It was just a cool moment between father and son and any mention of Alice or that song takes me back.

Great story.

Meanwhile in Sydney, there's a woman in full corpsepaint at the cattle decap gig in the front row...?
Maybe it's a valentines day thing?

Nah. She's at every Sydney show looking like that. She is NQR.

I see my Fear of the Dark review wasn't recieved well, I guess the only Fear of the Dark big DS digs is the Damian Thorne one

That was spectacular. 72 and still possibly the greatest and most iconic frontman. Loved every minute.

Cruising around this morning with Raise Your Fist & Yell in the car stereo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back