Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

anyone going to cattle decap. with revocation this week?
Both bands put on a great show in sydney (friday), although i had minor setlist queries if im being really picky - would have preferred a bit more earlier stuff from revocation, and cattle decap didn't play 'prophets of loss' (wtf?!).
Sound was great though, with both bands at the top of their game

Just started listening to Amorphis - Queen of Time

I do like 'The Bee' but beyond that i havent given the album a decent listen since probably the 1st week that it came out. Back then i thought it was pretty average but i dont think i gave it a fair chance. I've got to accept that not everything they release will be a 'Tales from the thousand lakes' and that they have continued to develop their music since then, for better or worse.

David Ellefson has announced a solo tour in May, Chris Poland to make an appearance.

Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines. This and the follow up are the peak, absolute masterpieces both.

Download tix finally purchased today. Lineup def not as good as last year, but carcass, testament, ministry & deftones all worth it. If there's a clash I'm going to hurt someone though, no interest in any of the others.
Anyway, just stumbled across this testament clip I'd never seen before, great stuff (dnr sounds amazing)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ae9c89ee3340ecc702f253622ce187e1.jpg

Anyone going in Friday? Bendigo Hotel.

Spending 20 hours on a train to Vienna and back to see Megadeth tomorrow night... Figure might not get too many more chances to see them again, who knows how long they'll keep going around for. Were my first gig I ever went to, and this'll be my 3rd time seeing them. Not too keen on the headliners Five Finger Death Punch but should be a good night anyway, first time in Austria.

Been thrashing Killing, Peace and Rust all week

Spending 20 hours on a train to Vienna and back to see Megadeth tomorrow night... Figure might not get too many more chances to see them again, who knows how long they'll keep going around for. Were my first gig I ever went to, and this'll be my 3rd time seeing them. Not too keen on the headliners Five Finger Death Punch but should be a good night anyway, first time in Austria.

Been thrashing Killing, Peace and Rust all week

Hoping they get down here soon.

Great concept and a good read.... but gee this nerd has some time in his hands. Clearly single.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back