Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

What's everyone's favourite Darkthrone post-Panzerfaust? Difficult... Total Death Maybe? Ravishing Grimness, Sardonic Wrath and Arctic Thunder I like also.

Hate Them and then probably The Underground Resistance.

Last edited:
Sure beats my set up of all the bottles on the actual bar. That Rare Breed is an old bottle and a cracking drop - doesn't like it? What's the story with the Jagermeister? Prefers it at room temperature? Is that a really old Gentleman Jack next to the Bulleit? Nice to see some Blantons there too. That's another cracker. Think I see some Evan Williams' single barrel up there too - every vintage I've tasted has delivered. Memory lane.

Yep, Evan Williams delivers. Just had a shot of (room temperature) Jager. Bottle almost done. Normally in freezer. Lizzy Borden on now.

d43dd4dc4cba0464d73e1d7e2e1d2687.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just started Stranger Things. Seems to be a fair bit of anime on there too. Akame Ga Kill is worth watching - good fun series.

There is a show I'm itching to get back into on Netflix called Dark. Not sure if you've seen it before. It's a German show, dubbed in English so it takes a little getting used to but it's a real mind* with some time travel stuff. Season two came out late last year but after one episode I had to stop because it had been so long since I had watched the first season. Need to start again or at least rewatch a few episodes so I can know wtf is going on again.

Can recommend this too:

All episodes are a different concept (think Black Mirror)

There is a show I'm itching to get back into on Netflix called Dark. Not sure if you've seen it before. It's a German show, dubbed in English so it takes a little getting used to but it's a real mindfu** with some time travel stuff. Season two came out late last year but after one episode I had to stop because it had been so long since I had watched the first season. Need to start again or at least rewatch a few episodes so I can know wtf is going on again.

Will check it out. Only subscribed to Netflix today.

There is a show I'm itching to get back into on Netflix called Dark. Not sure if you've seen it before. It's a German show, dubbed in English so it takes a little getting used to but it's a real mindfu** with some time travel stuff. Season two came out late last year but after one episode I had to stop because it had been so long since I had watched the first season. Need to start again or at least rewatch a few episodes so I can know wtf is going on again.
Like that one alot. Don't know about the English dubbing, but in German it is great. Watched it at a friend place since I don't habe Netflix and so I am forced into a long break as well now by that virus (hopefully shorter then yours). Just had started season two.

But this a really the problem with series. Can't always avoid watching current stuff. But I prefer to watch once their are fully finished. Laters seasons Vkings and Hell on Wheel on my cupboard for ages now since I can decice to watch them directly or start from the beginning.

Like that one alot. Don't know about the English dubbing, but in German it is great. Watched it at a friend place since I don't habe Netflix and so I am forced into a long break as well now by that virus (hopefully shorter then yours). Just had started season two.

But this a really the problem with series. Can't always avoid watching current stuff. But I prefer to watch once their are fully finished. Laters seasons Vkings and Hell on Wheel on my cupboard for ages now since I can decice to watch them directly or start from the beginning.

Watching a show dubbed is a bit jarring but Dark isn't too bad. Is it actually called Dunkel or is just Dark there too? I'm ok at reading German. I can get an idea of what is written without knowing every word as I follow BVB closely and get practice reading their posts and supporter's comments, but listening to it and trying to understand is completely different. There is an Austrian guy on YouTube I always watch too that does WW2 history and he always references the original German source material before translating which is handy practice as well.

In the first season of Dark when it went back to the 80s I think it's cool how it had a little bit of Kreator I think it was.

Watching a show dubbed is a bit jarring but Dark isn't too bad. Is it actually called Dunkel or is just Dark there too? I'm ok at reading German. I can get an idea of what is written without knowing every word as I follow BVB closely and get practice reading their posts and supporter's comments, but listening to it and trying to understand is completely different. There is an Austrian guy on YouTube I always watch too that does WW2 history and he always references the original German source material before translating which is handy practice as well.

In the first season of Dark when it went back to the 80s I think it's cool how it had a little bit of Kreator I think it was.

I struggle with dubbed material. I think it's for lazy *s who do not want to read subtitles. Never watch any dubbed Japanese material unless there is no alternate (think I have one dvd where the *ers only have English audio). I was hoping Netflix would give you the option on audio - does it? For years I used to wonder what the * was going on with Dario Argento films - sometimes they look dubbed, other times they don't. Argento always had actors from all over the world and apparently he allowed them to deliver the lines in their native tongue! Picture the set where there's an Italian, a German and an American!

I struggle with dubbed material. I think it's for lazy fu**s who do not want to read subtitles. Never watch any dubbed Japanese material unless there is no alternate (think I have one dvd where the f***ers only have English audio). I was hoping Netflix would give you the option on audio - does it? For years I used to wonder what the fu** was going on with Dario Argento films - sometimes they look dubbed, other times they don't. Argento always had actors from all over the world and apparently he allowed them to deliver the lines in their native tongue! Picture the set where there's an Italian, a German and an American!

Normally dubs don't work for me either. When I started Dark though I didn't realise until halfway through the first episode when I originally thought the audio was just out of sync or something. Netflix defaults to dubs I think if there is a dubbed version. That show is still worth it anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back