Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Schauermann

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2011
Hamburg
AFL Club
Fremantle
Feels a bit like being a celebrity with people asking for photos in the supermarket:

pdgw98bc.jpg

SydneyBomber

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
He used to take really weird selfies too..
This pic freaked the s**t out of me for years...

Mindhunter Season 2 is great, and agree Tench is the best on the show (I can't help but say 'his name is robert paulson, his name is robert paulson...' though every time i see him though ha - obscure fight club reference alert!)

Just finished watching Mandalorian and really enjoyed it. Held off getting Disney channel, but covid lockdown with my star wars movie loving kids meant that was their reward for keeping things sane

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
This pic freaked the s**t out of me for years...

Mindhunter Season 2 is great, and agree Tench is the best on the show (I can't help but say 'his name is robert paulson, his name is robert paulson...' though every time i see him though ha - obscure fight club reference alert!)

Just finished watching Mandalorian and really enjoyed it. Held off getting Disney channel, but covid lockdown with my star wars movie loving kids meant that was their reward for keeping things sane

Started series two. One episode in. They go visit old mate SOS in the next episode. Started watching Ultraman too.

Ed_Gein

Very good. But brick not hit back!
Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers, Liverpool, Storm.
Watched the film Underwater... one of the worst I've seen. I like to rate films and it's only the third time I've given 1/10 from over 550 ratings...

I've had some Dark Ambient on... anyone interested in it? Good to relax to and listen through headphones.

Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult on as well for the metal kind...

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Watched the film Underwater... one of the worst I've seen. I like to rate films and it's only the third time I've given 1/10 from over 550 ratings...

I've had some Dark Ambient on... anyone interested in it? Good to relax to and listen through headphones.

I'd like to hear more dark ambient actually. Who do you recommend i should listen to first?

Currently im listening to Behemoth - Evangelion

Pacman82

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SMFC | Celtics

Give us some highly rated titles I've probably not seen..

Ed_Gein

Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Well, I'm bad at rec's, but...

I'd like to hear more dark ambient actually. Who do you recommend i should listen to first?

Currently im listening to Behemoth - Evangelion

'Nostromo' and 'Deep_Frieze' by Sleep Research Facility are my favourites.
'The Place Where the Black Stars Hang' by Lustmord
'Visitors' by Eximia
'Across the Shifting Abyss' by Dahlia's Tear
'Die Festung' and 'Einsamkeit' by Paysage d'Hiver

Metatron Omega, Atrium Carceri, Desiderii Marginis I like to listen to as well.

Give us some highly rated titles I've probably not seen..

Not sure what genres you like most or if you like subtitled films.

Nine Queens, Upgrade, I Saw the Devil, The 12th Man, The Captain, What Happened to Monday... I've seen those within the last few months that I enjoyed a lot - especially Nine Queens, probably the best heist film I've seen.

Also older films like 'Le Samouraï' as well as 'High and Low' (Akira Kurosawa) I liked a lot as well. Maybe 'Metropolis' (remastered version, really old and a silent film) and 'World on a Wire' (3h30m long, takes a while to get going/interesting)

Pacman82

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SMFC | Celtics
Well, I'm bad at rec's, but...

'Nostromo' and 'Deep_Frieze' by Sleep Research Facility are my favourites.
'The Place Where the Black Stars Hang' by Lustmord
'Visitors' by Eximia
'Across the Shifting Abyss' by Dahlia's Tear
'Die Festung' and 'Einsamkeit' by Paysage d'Hiver

Metatron Omega, Atrium Carceri, Desiderii Marginis I like to listen to as well.

Not sure what genres you like most or if you like subtitled films.

Nine Queens, Upgrade, I Saw the Devil, The 12th Man, The Captain, What Happened to Monday... I've seen those within the last few months that I enjoyed a lot - especially Nine Queens, probably the best heist film I've seen.

Also older films like 'Le Samouraï' as well as 'High and Low' (Akira Kurosawa) I liked a lot as well. Maybe 'Metropolis' (remastered version, really old and a silent film) and 'World on a Wire' (3h30m long, takes a while to get going/interesting)
Cheers, I'll have a look, the only one I've heard of & seen is Metropolis.. A few pre 60s movies I've enjoyed are On the Waterfront, The Public Enemy, The Man with the Golden Arm & Rebel Without a Cause..

Ed_Gein

Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Cheers, I'll have a look, the only one I've heard of & seen is Metropolis.. A few pre 60s movies I've enjoyed are On the Waterfront, The Public Enemy, The Man with the Golden Arm & Rebel Without a Cause..

Haven't seen any of the one's you mentioned but will get around to those. Always been meaning to watch Roger Moore Bond films but never have. Seen all the Connery one's (of the older Bond's) and liked them a lot, mainly 'From Russia with Love.' It's a pity what they're doing to the franchise now though, making it full of PC nonsense.

Back