Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Was listening to the first two Malice albums today.

I throw these guys, Warrior and Icon into one big molten pot of mid-tier 80s metal, safe in the knowledge that one big ladle always covers my toast and leaves me satisfied.

Yeah enjoy all three bands but only have the Icon debut. Heard they changed a bit with the second album.

I’ve gotta give this another go. I’ve listened through maybe twice. I actually really like the Piano ballad ‘Rejoice the Adorned’. Nothing else really stood out.

Only got through a few songs whilst training. Will use my headphones tomorrow but the music did sound good. I have to be in a mood for that vocal style though. Previous album did nothing for me so hoping this is a decent send off.

Was browsing the offerings where I bought my speakers last year. Any takers??

988439441474a45705e95f0f5feef649.jpg

Roadrunner’s ‘Stars on Thrash’ cd. Odd to think that circa five years within this release Roadrunner had had a run with death metal, abandoned it and turned to sh*t.
Wow, thats a blast from the past, I had that on vinyl, no idea where it ended up though.
And agreed, roadrunner (and the roadracer imprint i guess?) was definitely the seal of dm quality there for a few years (along with earache)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, thats a blast from the past, I had that on vinyl, no idea where it ended up though.
And agreed, roadrunner (and the roadracer imprint i guess?) was definitely the seal of dm quality there for a few years (along with earache)

Pretty sure on the second track on my cd copy there is an audio vinyl pop. Gold. Late 80s to early 90s they had Obituary, Malevolent Creation, Deicide, Suffocation, Pestilence, Gorguts plus non their huge death metal acts Sepultura and King Diamond - that’s one handy roster. Pre death metal they also had a lot of prime metal plus licensed releases from US labels for Europe. Think Roadracer was just the name used outside of Europe due to copyright. Roadrunner, Earache, Nuclear Blast and Century Media were the four ‘big labels’. Roadrunner with the biggest fall from grace followed by Earache. NB and CM still release decent music IMO (though a lot of s**t too). NB probably the biggest metal label in the world? Who would have thought that in 1990.

I thought you were into that from minute 1. Good album, prefer it over their first, haha.

Gave it a listen but it never really clicked with me. For some reason recently that changed. Always good not to immediately write off stuff. Even latest Blut Aus Nord, while I really enjoyed it, it didn't really blow me away like most of their previous stuff considering they are one of my favourite bands. Then probably a month ago I put it back on and I heard it differently from before and now I love it.

Stargazer - TSTTTS

I remember you posting this, and it's been reminding me to give this a spin all week. Playing it in the car atm. Death Metal of rare quality.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back