Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

I was posting under the name Magus before! Took some time off from the board and just rejoined.
Ahhhhh
Welcome back!!

Powerslave was my intro
Then heard about a band called metallica
kill em all and ride i heard at the same time
Bought ride and saw that it was the second so naturally grabbed the first
The legacy by testament and the years of decay by overkill, anthrax state of euphoria the year before.

Snowballed from there

Those albums set me on the metal path

SA HAWK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 13, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Kill Em All, into Ride The Lightning, into Master Of Puppets, into And Justice For All.

Seriously, **** you Bob Rock, just **** you
When you put it like that :think:

I remember buying black the day it came out waiting all day at the record store for it to come in.

Such a letdown on first listen although i came to love it later they were never the same band again.

Last edited:

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
Megadeth - Killing is my Business

For those that have heard multiple releases of this album, which one sounds the best?

2018 remix & remaster gets my vote. One of the few such remixes that comes at a clear winner. Highly recommended.

Unlike those 2004 Megadeth remasters which are just awful.

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
2018 remix & remaster gets my vote. One of the few such remixes that comes at a clear winner. Highly recommended.

Unlike those 2004 Megadeth remasters which are just awful.

Yes, they are shocking, especially when you're used to the way something sounds and you hear the remix in passing.

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
Having had the album since the late 80's i can only listen to the original version too many changes on the others and they are brickwalled on cd.

Yeah I’m a bit that way, once you’ve lived an album 20+ years that becomes the perfect sound no matter what. Having said that, have you tried the 2018 remix? Think it’s called ‘The Final Kill’?

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Yeah I’m a bit that way, once you’ve lived an album 20+ years that becomes the perfect sound no matter what. Having said that, have you tried the 2018 remix? Think it’s called ‘The Final Kill’?

It was surprisingly good IMO.

SA HAWK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 13, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I do have that version and like it but like you said having heard the original so many times it is hard to go past it even though the production is terrible.

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
I do have that version and like it but like you said having heard the original so many times it is hard to go past it even though the production is terrible.

Yeah I know what you mean.

One album that I’d just love to be remixed & remastered is Sabbat’s Dreamweaver - an amazing tech-thrash album, rendered virtually unlistenable by the absolutely atrocious recording.

Outside of that, I’m all for originals.

Apr 8, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams

One album that I’d just love to be remixed & remastered is Sabbat’s Dreamweaver - an amazing tech-thrash album, rendered virtually unlistenable by the absolutely atrocious recording.

That album was doomed from the start given it was the follow up to the greatest English thrash album IMO.

Apr 8, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams

Funny enough, between "These Boots" and the production on the debut, it never really clicked with me until I bought the remaster. Odd as the production on a lot of punk bands (i.e. non existent) never bothered me and I was a huge Megadeth fan back late 80s/early 90s (still buy every album etc but I am talking formative years ...SFSGW/RIP/PS were all played on high rotation).

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Persecution Mania desperately needs a remaster. My CD is sooo quiet.

Back