Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Jackson JS32.

First song learnt, mourning soul

Have fun with the Jackson. One of the only brands I've never even been able to jam on, not many good Jackson dealers in Aus so I've never seen a lefty on the shelf I've ever been able to pick up and play.

I saw ESP have put left hand availability on their 2021 EC-FR black metal so I've already put the feelers out to see when/if I'll be able to order one. Pretty much my dream axe. It's an Eclipse with a Floyd, and fitted with my favourite passive pickup of all time, the Seymour Duncan Blackwinter.

Got home from work to find Damn the Machine on the dining room table. Consistent with my inability to read any book in sequential order, I started at page 123 (Running Wild) then onto the 1st Helloween chapter and the (underwhelming) Rage chapter. Then skipped to Sabbat. I’ll get to the start of the book at some point. Enjoying it very much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got home from work to find Damn the Machine on the dining room table. Consistent with my inability to read any book in sequential order, I started at page 123 (Running Wild) then onto the 1st Helloween chapter and the (underwhelming) Rage chapter. Then skipped to Sabbat. I’ll get to the start of the book at some point. Enjoying it very much.

Saving the best til last eh?

Have fun with the Jackson. One of the only brands I've never even been able to jam on, not many good Jackson dealers in Aus so I've never seen a lefty on the shelf I've ever been able to pick up and play.

I saw ESP have put left hand availability on their 2021 EC-FR black metal so I've already put the feelers out to see when/if I'll be able to order one. Pretty much my dream axe. It's an Eclipse with a Floyd, and fitted with my favourite passive pickup of all time, the Seymour Duncan Blackwinter.

Cheers. I didn't really have much of a choice to be honest - it was the Jackson or an Ibanez. Owned an Ibanez 20 years ago so thought I'd try something different. Mind you, all non-essential shops are shut here so there was no option to go in and try it out - just a blind buy, haha.

Without sounding too critical, the last few Accept albums have been pretty 'ho-hum'. I've been listening to 'Too Mean to Die' today and this one is a big step up in all ways. Fans of Accept (and I count myself as one) should love it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back