Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Astriaal were great, a shame they didn't play their older BM stuff though. I'm mates with a couple of the guys so it was cool to catch up again.

I first saw them in 04 at an all ages gig when the full length had just come out. I was still in school and it made a huge impact on me at the time. Next time time I saw them was M4TB in 05, then again supporting Immo. Long time in between drinks.

dwwaino

This gig:

First (and only?) show in Adelaide. 16 year old me is in there somewhere.

That was their classic line up too.

I first saw them early 00s for the first time when they only had their EP. Then living in Brisbane at the time too and also being in a BM band we just started hanging out and Heath did vocals on one of the songs from our album which was cool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a listen to the new Asphyx and wow, they pushed the volume limit to the max in the studio huh? Mind boggling that they still do this to bands. Probably the most distorted sounding album I've heard in a long time.
No knock on the band cos I really dig them, but I can't give it more than a few minutes.

I'll check it out, I only know a handful of their songs. My older cousin I go to the footy with listens to Rainbow, blasts it in the car all the time

I listen to Rainbow more than Dio. All eras too.

Had a listen to the new Asphyx and wow, they pushed the volume limit to the max in the studio huh? Mind boggling that they still do this to bands. Probably the most distorted sounding album I've heard in a long time.
No knock on the band cos I really dig them, but I can't give it more than a few minutes.

Didn't think it was any worse than other new releases on big labels. Will check it out again tomorrow. Try the new Soulburn - that's decent too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back