Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
What about just the logo?

Thought about it, but maybe too "fanboy". Of the metal themed ones I've already got is the necronomicon sigil from the Morbid Angel logo, a grey wash of the reaper from the cover of Watain - Sworn to the Dark, and Dissection's winged reaper with the "anti cosmic metal of death" banner. The Watain one is on the inside of one forearm so I'm thinking of getting something on the opposite arm to match it. Just has to squeeze underneath a.... Let's just call it a skull and crossbones. I actually thought I was done but the missus has been talking about getting a few cat portraits (one of our previous cat and our current two) and I'm kind of getting the itch again.

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thought about it, but maybe too "fanboy". Of the metal themed ones I've already got is the necronomicon sigil from the Morbid Angel logo, a grey wash of the reaper from the cover of Watain - Sworn to the Dark, and Dissection's winged reaper with the "anti cosmic metal of death" banner. The Watain one is on the inside of one forearm so I'm thinking of getting something on the opposite arm to match it. Just has to squeeze underneath a.... Let's just call it a skull and crossbones. I actually thought I was done but the missus has been talking about getting a few cat portraits (one of our previous cat and our current two) and I'm kind of getting the itch again.

Do it.

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Depends how much faith you have in your artist. Those designs are quite busy and have some intricate lines so could be difficult to replicate. I just thought of the logo because you could have thick black lines and its bound to stand out and look good no matter what. I've got Altars of Madness on my upper right arm from about 12 or so years ago and I've never been heaps happy with it because I wasn't really fussed with who did it. Will get it touched up one day.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Depends how much faith you have in your artist. Those designs are quite busy and have some intricate lines so could be difficult to replicate. I just thought of the logo because you could have thick black lines and its bound to stand out and look good no matter what. I've got Altars of Madness on my upper right arm from about 12 or so years ago and I've never been heaps happy with it because I wasn't really fussed with who did it. Will get it touched up one day.

That's why when I got the Sworn to the Dark cover I got it in grey wash instead of the intricate line work. Probably quicker in the end too, as after the outline it was just a matter of shading. I was the same with some earlier tats. When I younger I assumed all tattooists were the same. I'm pretty sure the guy was high, he went too deep and that one has scarred up real bad. Asked a tattooist friend if it could be covered but being tribal it's not only hard (yeah I know, tribal, but I was only 18 haha) but the scars will stand out really badly.

Cool story: about an hour into the Watain tat the artist said he recognised me from somewhere. I said impossible because I had only moved to Melbourne a few years prior from Brisbane. He said he did too. Long story short he did one of my earlier tats. Small world eh.

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
That's why when I got the Sworn to the Dark cover I got it in grey wash instead of the intricate line work. Probably quicker in the end too, as after the outline it was just a matter of shading. I was the same with some earlier tats. When I younger I assumed all tattooists were the same. I'm pretty sure the guy was high, he went too deep and that one has scarred up real bad. Asked a tattooist friend if it could be covered but being tribal it's not only hard (yeah I know, tribal, but I was only 18 haha) but the scars will stand out really badly.

Cool story: about an hour into the Watain tat the artist said he recognised me from somewhere. I said impossible because I had only moved to Melbourne a few years prior from Brisbane. He said he did too. Long story short he did one of my earlier tats. Small world eh.

Same thing must have happened to me because mine gets really raised when its hot and the guy just did heavy outlines and shaded in-between. Pretty basic stuff.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Same thing must have happened to me because mine gets really raised when its hot and the guy just did heavy outlines and shaded in-between. Pretty basic stuff.

Yeah, that's it! Some days mine raises up more than other days, 17 years on and occasionally even feels slightly burning. I was never sure so that's why I asked a friend who is a tattooist and that's what she told me. Go too deep (or drag the needle too much) and it scars, don't go deep enough and it will fade. It's a fine balance but she said it's usually not hard for any professional to get right. The more I thought about that day the more I reckon the guy was off his ****.

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
tattoos-4.jpg

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Cenotaph - TGR.... into Alice Cooper - K into Graveland - IP.

Only got over my Monday induced hangover today. That’s enough boozing until next Easter Monday - 18 schooners between two of us at the game and a 500ml can on walk back to city. Not a huge amount but just makes me tired, demotivated and useless for near on two days.

Cenotaph - TGR.... into Alice Cooper - K into Graveland - IP.

Only got over my Monday induced hangover today. That’s enough boozing until next Easter Monday - 18 schooners between two of us at the game and a 500ml can on walk back to city. Not a huge amount but just makes me tired, demotivated and useless for near on two days.

I didn't end up going with hair of the dog. Instead I grabbed a couple of over priced hot dogs (one Mexican, one German style). I much prefer what is sold at the food trucks rather than in the ground, but just missed being at the G so much I needed that indulgence.

Apr 8, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I didn't end up going with hair of the dog. Instead I grabbed a couple of over priced hot dogs (one Mexican, one German style). I much prefer what is sold at the food trucks rather than in the ground, but just missed being at the G so much I needed that indulgence.

Yeah - good outside is better. I like the sausage store outside the Ponsford.

King Diamond - Conspiracy into Helloween - KOTSK1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 8, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I've been on a motorhead binge this week and getting stuck into some of the lesser known or lesser talked about albums. Happy to say that absolutely none of it is bad.

Only album I don’t really get into is the debut. Even then it has a couple of hits. I also probably reach for the post 2000 stuff as often as I do for the classic albums - amazing how Lemmy kept the quality up. Might give Hammered a spin tomorrow (Walk A Crooked Mile one of my favourite Motorhead songs).

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Only album I don’t really get into is the debut. Even then it has a couple of hits. I also probably reach for the post 2000 stuff as often as I do for the classic albums - amazing how Lemmy kept the quality up. Might give Hammered a spin tomorrow (Walk A Crooked Mile one of my favourite Motorhead songs).

Definitely agree with that. I love that they just consistently put an album out every couple of years too compared to how long it takes most bands these days.

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
Definitely agree with that. I love that they just consistently put an album out every couple of years too compared to how long it takes most bands these days.

I am one of the few who does not really gravitate to the early stuff. I think the earliest album I listen to is Orgasmatron. Bastards, Sacrifice, Hammered, Inferno, Motorizer, etc are my faves.

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I am one of the few who does not really gravitate to the early stuff. I think the earliest album I listen to is Orgasmatron. Bastards, Sacrifice, Hammered, Inferno, Motorizer, etc are my faves.

Whilst I'm a fan of Overkill and Bomber, the sound isn't quite what it could be and the guitar sound wasn't great. Ace of Spades obviously sounds much, much better. They're classics but I find myself going to the later material these days. It's a shame that the post-Fast Eddie stuff gets somewhat overlooked by anyone that's not a big fan. I'd be quite happy never to hear the song Ace of Spades again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back