Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

deathevocation listening to The Plague - Within Death you recommended the other day. They've really nailed that Swedish style (bit of a hardcore influence in the vocals though), I had no idea they were Aussie.

deathevocation listening to The Plague - Within Death you recommended the other day. They've really nailed that Swedish style (bit of a hardcore influence in the vocals though), I had no idea they were Aussie.

Good album IMO. Be enjoyable live. Reckon the vocals are the weak link.

Malevolent creation - Joe black
Deicide - Serpents
Hatebreed - Rise of brutality
Annihilator - Alice
Exodus - Exhibit b (great stuff with dukes on vox)

Good day working from home

Some big hits there. Did you skip the shitty attempts at techno on Joe Black? Find when I pull out Serpents or Once Upon I end up playing both. I also like Insineratehymn.

Some big hits there. Did you skip the shitty attempts at techno on Joe Black? Find when I pull out Serpents or Once Upon I end up playing both. I also like Insineratehymn.
Haha yes techno ML is best left never spoken of.
Serpents has some good stuff on it, but terrible guitar sound. Will always go for the debut, once upon and stench first though.

Still such a great clip - Asheim looking at the camera during the intro always cracks me up :D

I've got the first 4 box sets and will be getting this too. Looking forward to hearing the live stuff they've dug up. Plus the Moscow Monsters of Rock gig on vinyl is a big plus.

I've got the first 4 box sets and will be getting this too. Looking forward to hearing the live stuff they've dug up. Plus the Moscow Monsters of Rock gig on vinyl is a big plus.

I don't own a single Metallica album. Never really understood why they are so popular. The only of the big four I haven't seen live.

Edit: I own more Boney M cds than Metallica. :)

I know people's listening habits are different nowadays and the majority of these remasters are really targeted at those listening through headphones/earbuds, but of all the albums I can think of that DON'T need a remaster, this one would be right up there. (note: Bonus material etc with all of these box sets has been amazing).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know people's listening habits are different nowadays and the majority of these remasters are really targeted at those listening through headphones/earbuds, but of all the albums I can think of that DON'T need a remaster, this one would be right up there. (note: Bonus material etc with all of these box sets has been amazing).

I'm only in it for the live and demo stuff which is pretty huge (1 pic LP, 3 LPs, 14 CDs, 6 DVDs)
Price actually looks OK on the Metallica site too - $240

You're right on the production side of things. Remaster usually just means pushing the volume up but it definitely doesn't need any tweaks.

I don't own a single Metallica album. Never really understood why they are so popular. The only of the big four I haven't seen live.

They're popular because they segued from thrash and broke into the mainstream with their Black Album. There are certainly consistently better thrash bands out there from the same era (e.g. Slayer) who have continued to produce a solid body of work for years but don't get the recognition because they didn't break out of the genre. Metallica's first three albums are still the A+ standard in thrash metal of that era though, I'd love to have seen the alternate universe where Cliff doesn't die.

They're popular because they segued from thrash and broke into the mainstream with their Black Album. There are certainly consistently better thrash bands out there from the same era (e.g. Slayer) who have continued to produce a solid body of work for years but don't get the recognition because they didn't break out of the genre. Metallica's first three albums are still the A+ standard in thrash metal of that era though, I'd love to have seen the alternate universe where Cliff doesn't die.

I like AJFA the most, lack of bass aside. Vocals were raw and passionate (miss that young Hetfield sound), guitars had a great tone, drums were...there, but not terrible. The songs were ****ing epic and well written, and there was a real darkness there without referencing anything supernatural (which was a hallmark of their early stuff, anyway).

I would have liked to seen the alternate universe where John Bush joined back in the 80s. I don't really like James' vocals, this sounds so much better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back