Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Deep Purple - Stormbringer. Love the title track though just like Burn (another killer title track), the quality drops off. Can see why Blackmore f’ed off.

Personally really like it, but I am a big mk.3 fan generally. You could hear the "funky" influence on Blackmore's playing though, made sense to carry on with Rainbow.

Personally really like it, but I am a big mk.3 fan generally. You could hear the "funky" influence on Blackmore's playing though, made sense to carry on with Rainbow.

I like Coverdale but the funk is not for me. Got WASP on now - might put some early Whitesnake on next.

I don't know the dudes but ended up having a yak after they saw what I was getting, surprising they knew a bit about Metal Church too!

Doug is the fellow with long hair who loves Hawkwind. Heath has a shaved head and is a metal fan. Nice blokes. I was thinking of dropping in today myself.

I like Coverdale but the funk is not for me. Got WASP on now - might put some early Whitesnake on next.

Had a listen to Stormbringer this morning. Definitely has highs and lows but Lady Double Dealer has the old DP sound and you can hear the genesis of Rainbow in Gypsy.
Early Whitesnake is gold. Love Ready N Willing. Dunno what happened to DC's voice - went from bluesy crooner to Robert Plant wannabe and I dont need to give my feelings on the hair metal era.

Yes. Police findings are now surfacing. Very sad. He seemed so happy & healthy. I guess you never know what’s really going on.

Is it what we're all afraid of? :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been checkin out this album for the first time recently, goes good if you can get past the first track.

Last edited:
Winding down with a bit of study after watching that near heart attack of a game in Launceston with Cream - Wheels of Fire.

Makes me think of two things. Friction so often leads to magic, I mean these guys were all geniuses of Jazz/Blues and were one of the driving forces of the development of hard rock, yet Bruce and Baker HATED each other. The price of genius is often relationships (Mustaine has built his entire career on being both a total genius and a total dick), and Cream had three of the best.

The other thing is I should have listened to my late father about music more. He was younger than 10 when this stuff came out, but he did know a lot about that era, and it would have done me well to hear him out and delve into it a lot more when I was a teen rather than now in my 30s.

Winding down with a bit of study after watching that near heart attack of a game in Launceston with Cream - Wheels of Fire.

Makes me think of two things. Friction so often leads to magic, I mean these guys were all geniuses of Jazz/Blues and were one of the driving forces of the development of hard rock, yet Bruce and Baker HATED each other. The price of genius is often relationships (Mustaine has built his entire career on being both a total genius and a total dick), and Cream had three of the best.

The other thing is I should have listened to my late father about music more. He was younger than 10 when this stuff came out, but he did know a lot about that era, and it would have done me well to hear him out and delve into it a lot more when I was a teen rather than now in my 30s.

Cream often don't get enough praise for the way they helped pave the path for heavy stuff. There's no way Sabbath sound the way they do without Cream coming before them.
Baker was certainly a difficult character. His documentary is worth checking out if you haven't seen it.

Cream often don't get enough praise for the way they helped pave the path for heavy stuff. There's no way Sabbath sound the way they do without Cream coming before them.
Baker was certainly a difficult character. His documentary is worth checking out if you haven't seen it.

Exactly right. I'm thinking of exploring more of that era, as Sabbath didn't exactly come into being in a vacuum. I'm familiar enough with Hendrix and Led Zeppelin, but it's other stuff like Blue Cheer and Vanilla Fudge that represent real gaps in my knowledge of history.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back