Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Always wait for the vocals before passing judgement and that passed the test. Was expecting some shouty thrash yelling but was pleasantly surprised by the early Death/Sepultura vibe.

Happened with Enforced for me. Hardcore sounding vocals really brings it down.

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I turn off when it's the municipal waste, violator type vocals. The retro thrash thing was done to death a few years ago.
I like Tony Foresta's vocals but there are so many thrash vocalists I can't get into so just bypass the band. Sames goes for every genre.

I am so bored by screamers that it's refreshing when you get someone who sings and has a distinct tonal personality. Not ragging on post-hardcore/metalcore but I find it so generic because the vocals are boring.

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
What do you make of the new Belakor?
Yeah its decent, nothing groundbreaking. I always love the guitar tone they use. Vocals and composition are great as always. Im excited by prospect of a new album but what they've released so far hasn't blown me away.

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
Put on new Maiden but wound up flicking over to Killers
Hard to believe they used to do albums of mostly 4 and 5 minute songs. Killers has one of my favourite Maiden songs of all time - Prodigal Son. Probably not a widely popular choice but the solos get me every single bloody time, they're the most perfect solos in the history of solos.

Pacman82

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SMFC | Celtics
Hard to believe they used to do albums of mostly 4 and 5 minute songs. Killers has one of my favourite Maiden songs of all time - Prodigal Son. Probably not a widely popular choice but the solos get me every single bloody time, they're the most perfect solos in the history of solos.
Wrathchild was always one of my favorites of theirs, goes for 2-3 mins.. Genghis Khan

They never play much off the first 2, probably only Wrathchild & Running Free. Transylvania & Phantom of the Opera are good too

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
I recall BD giving Macabre props in the shout outs in the notes.. deathevocation might be able to confirm..

Yeah the demo and debut are ones Macabre fans would enjoy. Pretty sure they thanked them though my cd is not on hand at moment.

Pacman82

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SMFC | Celtics
Yeah the demo and debut are ones Macabre fans would enjoy. Pretty sure they thanked them though my cd is not on hand at moment.
Watching Napalm Death Live Corruption atm.. incidentally I think it was one of those blokes I first ever saw rock a Macabre t-shirt.. & yeah I seem to recall Duster were into them too for some reason or another

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Watching Napalm Death Live Corruption atm.. incidentally I think it was one of those blokes I first ever saw rock a Macabre t-shirt.. & yeah I seem to recall Duster were into them too for some reason or another

Those interview snippets in Live Corruption are hilarious.

"It's Repulsion with a few Canterbury vocal wipeouts ya know what I mean?"

At least, I think that's what they're saying. Jeff Walker in the Carcass live video is even harder to understand.

SydneyBomber

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
Those interview snippets in Live Corruption are hilarious.

"It's Repulsion with a few Canterbury vocal wipeouts ya know what I mean?"

At least, I think that's what they're saying. Jeff Walker in the Carcass live video is even harder to understand.
Haha, it's Kam Lee wipeouts, not Canterbury!
As in, the singer from massacre. :D

'A range of influences from old swans, to new swans...' that one always killed me haha.
'Weakened' and 'chuffed' got a good workout when that vid came out about 100 years ago

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Haha, it's Kam Lee wipeouts, not Canterbury!
As in, the singer from massacre. :D

'A range of influences from old swans, to new swans...' that one always killed me haha.
'Weakened' and 'chuffed' got a good workout when that vid came out about 100 years ago

Haha gold, that makes sense. Thought they were talking about a place in England.

"You wanna do one Barn?"

"HHHEEEEYYYYYUUGGHH!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back