Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Cardiac Arrest - TDTDP. Even had it going through some Teams meetings. fu** I am over Teams/Zoom etc. Only upside to working from home is avoiding the commute IMO.

I've been back in the office since November, barring a week in isolation back in July. WFH was fine for a while last year, but the isolation got to me, and I was distracted by a messy relationship at the time too (found out the day before we broke up the poor girl has Borderline Personality Disorder, which did explain a lot).

A mate ordered this for me. What a guy.

f1be330a26afbbd9696d3d89a3e1fbe1.jpg

Tend to agree.

No Frank, no Guy and a drummer that has a man bun and relies heavily on triggers.
Don't think they've been the same since Mike Smith vacated the drum stool. Man that guy hit hard.

Compare:

Don't get me started on Cryptopsy...

Mike Smith is the backbone of Suffocation.
they only survived one album without him on drums- Pierced From Within.
For which he had written the drum parts anyways.
Doug Bohn is the only other drummer who’s work I’ve enjoyed with Suffocation.

Not sure if you guys heard but Richie had to pull out of tour with Judas Priest with a heart issue. Sounds like he's lucky to be alive.

Go back one album to the mighty Hammer of the Witches. I'd rate it higher than Cryptoriana. Removing the tired and listless Paul Allender and bringing in Ashok and Rich Shaw on guitars in 2014 was a masterstroke that has totally reinvigorate the band. FWIW - I checked out after Midian but find myself back in now in a big way and the newly released song is very tasty.
Have been hammering this album lately- some great tracks, and I’m currently enjoying the back-end of the album. Onwards Christian Soldiers has a part of the song that takes me back to Dusk ...
I’m currently favouring Cryptoriana over HotW.
As for songs that get booed and hissed- Right Wing of he Garden Tryptich, and Achingly Beautiful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scorpions - Virgin Killer

Bought a ticket for a show next year. My first time, so the title fits. Probably like 30-40 years too late, but who cares. Hope it doesn't clash with Blasphemy again. Somehow I expected that to be more exclusive back then but have seen them a few times since, without having another good opportunity for the Scorps...

I have done a bit of reading. Apparently Black Majick SS are Aussies... from Tasmania to be more precise. Oi! Oi! Oi!

Here's an EP from Dracula (alleged members of BMSS), definitely has a bit of a Black Majick SS vibe about it.

I have done a bit of reading. Apparently Black Majick SS are Aussies... from Tasmania to be more precise. Oi! Oi! Oi!

Here's an EP from Dracula (alleged members of BMSS), definitely has a bit of a Black Majick SS vibe about it.

I think your source is correct. Check out The Wizar'd - that's the main act in the group and the best. Latest album is on Spotify.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back