Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

IMG_1097.jpg

1. Peace Sells
Just chock full of killer riffs with attitude to match.

2. Rust in Peace
Nothing needs to be said.

3. Youthanasia
Catchy as hell. Songs that get stuck in your head.

4. Killing is my Business
Once again, riffs. And speed.

5. Countdown to Extinction
Lots of great songs. Obviously heading in a slower direction like most bands post-1990.

6. So Far So Good So What
Don't mind it but it is very short. Don't reach for this one often.

7. Cryptic Writings
Same path as Youthanasia but a bit toned down. Still some good songs.

And that's what I kind of stopped. Maybe I should check out some stuff since they reformed.

These two tracks are probably my favourite two since the reforming

Absolutely relentless, some of Dave's best rhythym work imo

Kind of a Hangar 18 rehash, but that's why I love it.

Thank you Trebek, I’ll take ‘Bands I’ve never heard of before’ for $400.

Answer: “Who is Integrity”?

(Cool show btw).
Cleveland 'hardcore' band originally formed in the late 80s (the guys live all over the place now). Morphed into a hybrid hardcore-metal band with Slayer-ish solos. The classic lineup broke up in '98, since then the singer Dwid has had various lineups. Their most recent album was released by Relapse. I interviewed Dwid and the guitarist Dom last year (episode 2). They'd probably be in my all-time top ten favourite bands. Very influential in (older) hardcore circles.

Seasons in the Size of Days is my favourite album.

Here's an older show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cleveland 'hardcore' band originally formed in the late 80s (the guys live all over the place now). Morphed into a hybrid hardcore-metal band with Slayer-ish solos. The classic lineup broke up in '98, since then the singer Dwid has had various lineups. Their most recent album was released by Relapse. I interviewed Dwid and the guitarist Dom last year (episode 2). They'd probably be in my all-time top ten favourite bands. Very influential in (older) hardcore circles.

Seasons in the Size of Days is my favourite album.

Here's an older show.

Ok got it. Excuse my smart-ass reply.

In terms of your previous question re potential interviews (trying to think outside the square a little) in recent times bands like Hittman and Glacier returned with amazing albums after 25+ year gaps - would be good to hear from those guys? They're not quite in the mainstream.

Intriguing...
Would prefer 1st or 3rd album myself, but would be worth seeing

Yeah. Self titled is my favourite. I actually listen to OUAC and SOTL more than Legion - not sure why it never fully clicked with me. I like it just not as much as many others do. That said the debut is one of my favourite albums of all time. Love it.

First Megadeth album I bought was SFSGSF and it remains my favourite (despite the terrible cover song). Every original song on it is a killer IMO and takes me back to the late 80s every time I listen to it. That said I will rank it equally with RIP as I love that too and acknowledge it as their best work (Xmas 1990 still delivering - local store had sold out of King Diamond’s ‘Them’ but my parents got me RIP and Slayer’s SITA).

SFSGSW/RIP

KIMB (love this and the recent remix is actually really good - fu** the cover song though).

PS (ripper but prefer the above albums - can tolerate the covers on this more then the others).

CTE (from memory a much better sell out than the Black album).

Y (barely remember anything from it and only bought it in recent years).

Sort of lose track from here. I have all the albums from this century and some remained in my player for a bit after release, others not so much. However, I can’t remember which ones were ‘the better ones’. I don’t think I have Risk or CW.
I always thought SFSGSW/PS was their best era & Darkest Hour's their best song. RIP's MD's best on a technical level, & Dystopia in at 4th for mine..

I see W.A.S.P. have announced a 40 Years Celebration World Tour, returning to where it began with original stage show - blood, meat, torture rack, exploding cod-pieces, chainsaws etc. Really hopeful that Australia gets a look in to this, would be amazing to revisit given they never toured here in the early (classic) days. Wonder if Blackie will relent and play * Like a Beast? Surely has has to now if this is fair dinkum?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back