Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Osho

We haven't changed our position.
Jul 9, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
From what I've come across, Drudkh as a band may not be NSBM but some of the members have expressed some pretty dodgy sympathies and expressed admiration for some Ukrainian nationalists who collaborated with the Germans against the Russians (with plenty of the obvious groups caught in the middle). The issue is a lot of this is still conjecture, and there's a real climate of witch hunting driven by anti-fascist groups who tend to rely on fascist means to accomplish their ends. While Nazism is never okay, I'm also not going to just denounce anyone based on internet rumours.
Thanks for that info.
Ive been hearing rumors for years, Drudkh are so media shy it is really hard to get any confirmation one way or another.

But what a great band they are, and quite diverse for the genre, I know the odd albums disappoint some fans, but I appreciate them all.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
received_4974769279220084.jpeg

SydneyBomber

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
Ive never really given Turbonegro a go but its always sad when a much loved musician passes
Apocalypse Dudes and Scandinavian Leather are the choice albums for me, although good songs on pretty much all of their stuff.
They were a mix of Black Flag + Kiss + Alice Cooper + 70's rock/punk, and an image more terrifying than any of the black metal coming from norway lol :D

sad stuff, and given no cause of death seems to have been given I'm guessing suicide which really sucks

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Listening to Mastodon's latest album and im starting to really enjoy it. That is after not rating it upon first listen. I still think there is a little bit of w***ery/filler but giving it a better listen has allowed me to digest it and im appreciating the composition much much more. I also think it has a fair bit of depth conceptually so its an album which im sure will continue to grow on me.

While Im not a massive Mastodon fan, i do like quite a few songs/albums. This would have to be up in my top 4 albums from them now alongside Leviathan, Blood Mountain & CTS.

I've been getting my cars serviced by a guy near Knox City who happens to be a good friend of my stepdad. Tends to only cost me $170ish, unless something needs replacing (might help that I pay in cash...). Anyway, he's about to retire, if he hasn't already, so that little party is coming to an end.

Back